Quick question on setup

snoboardcore

Mar 30, 2005
New Hampshire
Ok going to be building a 331 running 15-lbs of boost and put some juice on it like a 125 shot. compression is going to be around 8.5-1 is that to high or will it be fine? This is going to be built on a dart sportsman block. Also with the permormer heads i have now be to small still even if i port them?

• Sponsors (?)

8.5:1 sounds good.. That's a nice blower compression. I may back down the juice though. But that's me, I'm not a big fan of double power adders. You didn't mention what your power goal is with it. But if it was mine, I would consider the performer heads too small.
If your building a Dart based stroker, I assume your stuffing it with a good set of forged internals and looking for big power. I would consider using a set of either AFR 185 or 205's, spyder intake, a custom cam, and forget the juice? A YSI blower would really top it off. Upgrade to a better parts and you'll make up the power and won't need to mess with nitrous. But either way you go it sounds like your building a stout piece.. good luck with it.

usally if peeps with blowers add nitrous its a 50 or 75 hp shot just to act as a chemical intercooler. What you have to remember about nitrous is that it greatly increases the compression ratio when you spray it.

I'd increase the efficency of the combo and drop the juice idea, tuning the N2O with the increased and constantly changing inlet temps can be tricky at times.

15psi on a decent 331 can make well into the 600RWHP+ range on a mild combo. I would sell the Performer heads and look at a larger head they will allow you to grow down the road. The AFR205 mentioned above is a great head but you also need to swap that GT-40 out along with some other parts to truly use what they have to offer. Are you staying with the SC-Trim blower or are you going to upgrade to a large size? This will also have a huge difference in the combo that is best suited for you. I replied to your e-mail as well

Dart block, Probe (-14.2) dish pistons to get 9:1CR, AFR 205's or TFS Track Heat 205's, Holley Systemax ll or TFS-R intake port matched, Scat 4340 forged internals, Scat or Probe lightweight 5.4 length I beam 4340 rods w 7/16" ARP rod bolt upgrade (weigh 550 grams), Romac ultralight damper, fidenza aluminum flywheel, liteweight rotating assembly spins up real fast. Custom cam from Cam motion, FTI or Jay Allen.