Build Thread Want To Blow 5 Years And $50k On A Foxbody? Step By Step Instructions Inside!

I spoke to Comp about the oil feed fitting, and apparently that deep port accepts one of their filters that is essentially a male-female 1/8" NPT adapter. They are sending me the filter (for $25). Once that is installed, I can screw my -4AN feed fitting to that. The filter also acts as a flow restrictor, so I won't need one of those. I also confirmed that the water ports are 3/8 NPT.

What kind of thread sealant does one use on a turbo center section? Will teflon tape be okay?

• Sponsors (?)

Been thinking about possbile locations for a meth tank. Right now, I have a small 3 quart resevoir. I prefer to mount the tank in a place that won't be seen, but is still accessible. I'm considering purchasing the 2.5 gallon Snow tank and fitting it in the spare tire well area. I'll have to measure it, but I think it will fit in the area to the left of the sub and above the battery location. Just curious if anyone has any creative areas to put a meth tank.

Been thinking about possbile locations for a meth tank. Right now, I have a small 3 quart resevoir. I prefer to mount the tank in a place that won't be seen, but is still accessible. I'm considering purchasing the 2.5 gallon Snow tank and fitting it in the spare tire well area. I'll have to measure it, but I think it will fit in the area to the left of the sub and above the battery location.
Just curious if anyone has any creative areas to put a meth tank.

The last time I made room for a "meth tank", I put mine up front, behind the bumper, and made it fit to follow the fender and bumper cover.
enginecompartment002bu6.jpg

Everybody said I would be a crowd pleaser when I hit the wall and the tank ruptured and burst into flames, taking me with it.
burningman1hs6.gif

I told them all that would happen was that I'd just flop around alot. As you know, meth has an invisible flame.

And then there's the "in your face" version, since your're gonna use it to hold WW fluid.
pliner0185aq0.jpg

Everybody said I would be a crowd pleaser when I hit the wall and the tank ruptured and burst into flames, taking me with it.
I told them all that would happen was that I'd just flop around alot. As you know, meth has an invisible flame.

Because washer fluid is typically dyed blue, maybe I could do the same thing so I'd light up in a bright burning blue ball! :ack:

Maybe make a small tank and fill yhrough the gas tank door. Snow stuff hit me up...

You could use your wiper bottle also

My washer resevoir has been long gone. I'm definitely not opposed to making a tank. I'm just not sure how I'd fabricate a filler neck and have it find it's way into the gas tank door. Maaaaybe I can make the filler neck come out behind a fold-down license plate? I'm pretty sure Mike has some experience doing that! Any tips Mike??

I'm probably going to take the easy route and just mount a plastic tank behind the passenger seat with a carpeted box cover over the top of it so it is hidden. No point in re-inventing the wheel here.

Made some downpipe/turbo mounting progress today.

I had a bad feeling that the turbo was not going to sit the way I wanted it to being that the kit was originally configured for a 60mm turbo. I decided to cut away at the fender apron until I was able to get the turbo to fit. Unfortunately, this is how much I needed to cut out for it to work:

DSC_0201.jpg

DSC_0200.jpg

I didn't take any pictures of the turbo mounted, but the half the compressor housing was sticking into the fenderwell and the turbine housing was sitting inside the valley of the framerail. It was sitting WAY too low and too far outward. I needed to get it to sit higher and in towards the engine bay more. They only part I wanted sticking into the fenderwell is the inlet.

So, I need to chop away at the flange:

DSC_0161.jpg

DSC_0163.jpg

DSC_0192.jpg

You can see the difference between the original flange mount and the "new and improved" mount.

Doing this enabled my to get the turbo to sit in the engine bay the way I intended:
DSC_0189.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

DSC_0191.jpg

I then needed to build a new downpipe, becuase the originaly one was beat to hell. Here is a comparison between the two:
DSC_0198.jpg

I then used a combination of new pipe and old stuff to finish the rest of the exhaust:
DSC_0195.jpg

DSC_0196.jpg

DSC_0193.jpg

DSC_0203.jpg

It took FOREVER, but I was actually able to make everything fit without hitting anything.
DSC_0165.jpg

DSC_0170.jpg

DSC_0164.jpg

DSC_0167.jpg

DSC_0174.jpg

DSC_0175.jpg

DSC_0183.jpg

Yes, I shop at Amazon a lot :cool:

I barely finished tacking the pipes together when I ran out of welding gas :doh:, so I'll have to finish off the piping next week sometime. I also need to fabricate some exhaust hangers to support everything under the car.

I'm pretty happy with the way everything came together. I'm glad I got the kit for cheap, because I needed to put a serious amount of time into it to get everything to fit and look the way I wanted. I bought a "rough" kit for that reason, because I knew I would want to make tweaks to it.

Once I weld everything up, it will all get shipped off to Jet-Hot so those pipes can look as pretty as they deserve to be :D

Oh, and I will be repairing that fender apron as well as re-boxing the framerail. There will just be a 5" diameter hole in the apron so the inlet can stick through.

Looks great Scott, I hate a bigs ass hole in the fender as well. Until I put a DEI blanket on with the HP kit the fiberglass felt soft after minimal driving. Make sure you cut a hole for the turbo drain hose while its mocked up.

Thanks Rick. Ill be drilling those holes after I box the framerail in again. I even wrote it down so I don't forget!

How do you like the DEI blanket? I had the housing coated to keep temps down, but I may spring for a blanked down the road anyways. I have their plug wire and boot protectors, and I was impressed by them.