radio noise please help

• Sponsors (?)

stator plug or something like that. It attaches just behind the ignition coil.

Chances are your's got disconnected.

I had the same thing last year. The part is a small round piece with a very thin wire coming out of it. Mine broke off, but luckily the part is only a few dollars. I think Ford or Autozone had the replacement.

Just did a tune-up on my 94, used motorsport 9mm wires, motersport cap and rotor, autolite ap 25 plugs. Now i get lots of engine noise through the radio. Any suggestions?:bang:

I had the same issue when I installed my Ford Motorsport 9mm wires. I had a couple of the wires that were not "shielded" properly. I ended up replacing the whole wire set and the radio noise went away.
Good Luck.

Thanks for all the info, I'm going to check the stator first if that don't work I will put the old wires back on and see if the noise goes away.

I'm not sure if this was a 'we know what you're talking about' thing or not, but actually replacing the stator will not do anything. Now replacing the noise suppression capacitor could help if yours is missing or got brittle.

If you get the noise through the radio stations only (not CD's, tapes, 8 tracks, a bird's beak on an album), check the braided ground strap on the passenger side hood.

If all else fails, go over grounds in the car - particularily the stereo grounds and motor ground.

There are also inline noise suppressors available - I havent used one however.

Good luck.

I'm not sure if this was a 'we know what you're talking about' thing or not, but actually replacing the stator will not do anything. Now replacing the noise suppression capacitor could help if yours is missing or got brittle.

If you get the noise through the radio stations only (not CD's, tapes, 8 tracks, a bird's beak on an album), check the braided ground strap on the passenger side hood.

If all else fails, go over grounds in the car - particularily the stereo grounds and motor ground.

There are also inline noise suppressors available - I havent used one however.

Good luck.

i get that often, the noise through radio stations... im gonna check this out... thanks Hissin! :nice:

Ford suggested an inline rf filter for the radio.(1.39 at radioshack) I get noise with radio, tape mp3 and cd. Question is how to remove radio without buying the radio removal tool? Can I just take a couple of pieces of wire coat hanger and bend them:shrug:

Where is the noise suppresion cap located at?

Ford suggested an inline rf filter for the radio.(1.39 at radioshack) I get noise with radio, tape mp3 and cd. Question is how to remove radio without buying the radio removal tool? Can I just take a couple of pieces of wire coat hanger and bend them:shrug:

is it a stock headunit? u COULD use coat hangers, might take awhile... or just take it to a audio place, if u no someone there theyll do it for u...

i used 4 nails