Ram Air hood OTW, removal of washer nozzles...

gt06

Jul 14, 2007
Chicago
I just ordered a ram air style hood for my GT. When it arrives I will have to swap out the washer nozzles from the old stock hood to my new one. This is probably a silly question.....But do they just snap out? I gave it a quick glance today and it seemed like they should come out easily. If any of you guys have done this already, is there any trick to it? Thanks! :)

• Sponsors (?)

i have not looked at them on an S197, but washer nozzles usually come out the same way. get access to the bottom of the squirters, and squeeze the tabs while pushing the nozzle up. dont forget to disconnect the hose too. not much to it. you will probably need a trim panel clip removal tool to remove the hood blanket if it covers the nozzles, or you are transfering that to the new hood.

The squirter nozzles have to be pushed out from under the hood. They DO NOT push straight up. You have to push one end (not sure if front or rear), but they kind of ''roll out''. You'll see one end pop up first then they can be pulled out easily.

The squirter nozzles have to be pushed out from under the hood. They DO NOT push straight up. You have to push one end (not sure if front or rear), but they kind of ''roll out''. You'll see one end pop up first then they can be pulled out easily.

Thanks for the advice. Hopefully my hood will come today and I can get it on.:)

When I installed my RK Sport hood I had to take a small round file and make the new hood's squirter holes a bit larger. My advice is file some, then check the fit. Do this several times if you have to. It's better than making the holes too big by accident. My buddy is always pushing his squirters down into the hood because he went too far while filing.

When I installed my RK Sport hood I had to take a small round file and make the new hood's squirter holes a bit larger. My advice is file some, then check the fit. Do this several times if you have to. It's better than making the holes too big by accident. My buddy is always pushing his squirters down into the hood because he went too far while filing.

Finally got my hood! The nozzles came out of the stock hood without a problem. I got the 68 Shelby style from Stage3Motorsports and the holes for the washer nozzles DEFINITELY had to be filed down......Should be getting it painted next week.:nice: