Ram Air

• Sponsors (?)

Black_GT_00 said:
Are there any cold air intake systems that come close to Ram Air, with out the Ram Air price tag..

Get any non fenderwell kit and remove your passenger side headlight.

No but seriously why do you want ram air? It really doesn't do much performance wise. I haven't seen any kits that aren't ridiculously priced btw.

speedfreak98r said:
I had a March ram air kit. It only worked from between like, 35mph, and 75mph.
That kit also really pics up a lot of road dirt and other crap. I think I heard of a story that a 5.0 owner who had it sucked up a bird or a butterfly. Something big lol.

That might have originated from me..A looong time ago, I picked up some kinda bird through my system..It was at night so I didnt realize it at the time. I kept noticing a power lag, like my engine was choking..Well, I got to diggin around in there, and found some bird feet, and a bunch of feathers in my air filter..I got rid of it shortly after that. :crazy:

speedfreak98r said:
That might have originated from me..A looong time ago, I picked up some kinda bird through my system..It was at night so I didnt realize it at the time. I kept noticing a power lag, like my engine was choking..Well, I got to diggin around in there, and found some bird feet, and a bunch of feathers in my air filter..I got rid of it shortly after that. :crazy:

wow thats funny. where was the rest of the bird :lol:

CarCraft is possibly coming out with a hood scoop conversion that uses the stock hoodscoop as an air inlet. If properly made, you can effectively seperate that water and crap from the air flow too.

And it wouldn't be all that expensive probably, considering its a simplification of their older kit which was around $400. They are removing the vacume system and flaps, which, I hope is going to be a big cost drop (they determined it really didn't do anything)