Rate 94-95 Stangnet..Then/Now

Grn92LX said:
Hey snoozer, I don't have a 94/95, but can I post in here? :D

I don't remember exactly how the tech was 2 years ago. I'm lucky I can remember what I did yesterday. But I think its safe to say, like other guys have said (paul, davis) that tech has definatly deteriated. Lots of younger guys still in high school with stock cars recommending heads/cam combos :confused: Too many people still beleiving internet myths, though I try to crush them best I can. And I agree with snoozer about guys liking to disagree and post their opinions as fact, but fact is their wrong and most of them are slow.

I liked seeing Pauls car get faster and faster over the years. I also liked seeing snoozers stock headed car just as fast as many h/c/i cars.

almost all but you and tmoss :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Striped5.0 said:
The thread is confusing b/c do you mean the content of the threads or the setup of the new 94/95 talk and tech ( when it was one before)

I like it better in the aspect that it is now seperate b/c it keeps the shifter X pipe VS H pipe out of the tech ( to a point )

As far as old schoolers not posting as much thats not stangents fault if they decide not to post as often. Even though there are alot of noob threads I dont think its enough to drive people away.

I dont mind the noob threads b/c it makes me realize how much Ive learned since Ive been on here. Im no longer the resident idiot :D

Sure its Stangnets fault...all the rediculous post, they dont waste there time coming here anymore.

even though i didn't post much before. i use to browse stangnet atleast twice a day. no matter how much BS there was. there was plenty of good info, and people you could talk to, to help you out.
so it WAS a 8-9.

now if i do come to stangnet, i usually stay a couple of minutes . hardly do i read a post and leave. so now i even post less. so now a 2-3, looking like it's going to be a 2-1.

maybe we should start our own 94-95 site. so that why owners of sn95 can run the show and decided how the forum is moderated.
we have to remember we might seem like a big group, but compared to the rest of the site we are a small number. granted if we stop coming they will notice a drop in traffic and ect.. but not enough to shut down the site.
so we have to live with the way the owners and moderaters run the site and the 94-95 forum.
or we can say blow out your asspipe. and we're going to do it the way we want to.
we make up this comuinity, so lets do it the way we want to.

i'll let others add their opinions on it. then it can go from there.

later
joe

eades5.0 said:
Sure its Stangnets fault...all the rediculous post, they dont waste there time coming here anymore.

Not in the sense that its the falut of MRaburn and the Administrators. They cant help what people post and they cant ban people just b/c they ask about shifters.

Best thing w/ those theads is just to ignore them b/c there are always other members who are eager to reply in them b/c they are the same ones who were asking the question a few months before and know have a better knowledge of the subject while the rest of us who are beyond shifters and H/X pipes just seem to not bother w/ them.

I don't know about anyone else, but I feel I'm in limbo right now. I very rarely learn anything new here anymore as most of the topics of discussion are things I already know about or have experienced... however I lack the knowledge to get into the really techinical stuff such as piston speed, pressure differences/air flow needs, valve timing events as to how they relate to what exactly happens in the cylinder, etc. THIS is why I do more reading on hardcore50 and the OLD corral stuff than I do posting anything. I'm not comfortable with the knowledge I have yet to enter the really tech oriented discussions, but I've had it with the gears, intake, etc type post... you can only make the same post so many times before it gets old. The numbers 4, 1, 0 and letters G, O, O, D are almost totally worn off my keyboard already! I'd love for us to have some really hardcore tech stuff to discuss, but honestly I don't know of anyone on here with enough TRUE knowledge of the subject to steer us in the right direction and away from "internet myths." This site was bad for a while with newbies posting information as fact based on others results when they were driving around in stock cars with gears and a CAI. Its a GREAT thing to have newbies here to ask questions, but the reason most of the more knowledgeable people left was because the interesting tech stuff is basically gone and I bet many find themselves where I am at now.

Snoozer, I really wish you would have been able to get the TW's on your car. I know there would have been a TON of TW versus AFR threads to spin off of it, but I know you could have shown what potential a 94-95 HCI coupe could do, not that you haven't already with your GT40P heads. I am at a point with my car that I don't know what I am going to do either at this point, since the heads and bottom end need rebuilt. I'm all but down drag racing the car (due to the fact that my wife will NOT let me put a 6pt roll bar in the car), but now's my chance to really turn up the wick and go a little crazy with my car. Its no longer my DD and when I rebuild it I will no longer be limited in terms of RPM and cam selection... but then again if I can't race it why bother right? i just don't know what to do.

How about we list some things here in this thread that we would like to discuss. We'll never learn anything new if we don't and maybe, just maybe in doing so we can redeem this place to what it once was. Piston speeds and how it relates to bore/stroke and airflow requirements, cylinder filling, low lift numbers and EXACTLY how they impact performance, etc all have me VERY interested right now... but do we have anyone here with enough knowledge to start a thread and actually leanr some facts from it??? That I do not know...

GREAT topic Chris!

AMEN brothers

my fingers are too cramped to correct all the misinformation here and when i DO, i get flamed by another pack of newBs who think i am being an A hole... well i am but that doesnt mean you arent wrong NEWBIES!!!

OK Paul the info you wanted about want goes on in the cylinders to the best of my knowledge.

Gas goes in then move up it goes boom and makes the car run, the more boom the more power the air created by the boom goes out the exhust. Now the more boom is created by I think advanced timing, boring the cylinders, different types of spark plugs, and a higher output coil, and more fuel. Some where in there air mixs and the more air/fuel mix gives ya more power!

LOL sorry guys you know me i gotta be a smartass

I agree with everybody else The tech section has nothing anymore everybody comes into the talk. You can post in tech and not get any answers for days and the threads in talk are funnier and have a lot of crazy **** that don't get talked about everyday. But I stil come on stangnet everyday a few times a day just to see whats new

I used to LOVE it, like most you other guys, i give it a 10 2 years ago.

Now its ok, my main problem is i dont have a 95 anymore so i dont have the urge to post in tech. Plus alot of the topics are so boring and repetitive. Ill scan through the topics more often now to see if theres anything i have information on..

Grn92LX said:
Lots of younger guys still in high school with stock cars recommending heads/cam combos :confused:

ok i had no intentions of replying to this thread, but after reading this a couple times i could not resist. I am 18, and yes, still in high school. How many kids my age do you know that dont go to school for auto mechanics that can do h/c/i or a clutch by themselves??? Well my freind, there are always those select few that can. HI. For further reference, read the letter in "mailbag" in the june 05 issue of 5.0 mustang and super ford entitled "after school special". Guess who wrote that?

Not to pick a fight, but i think some people should be more careful about the things they say. Those who should'nt post in a thread shoud'nt and those who like to bad mouth people should'nt either:D

And with that, my point has been made. :spot:

94gts said:
ok i had no intentions of replying to this thread, but after reading this a couple times i could not resist. I am 18, and yes, still in high school. How many kids my age do you know that dont go to school for auto mechanics that can do h/c/i or a clutch by themselves??? Well my freind, there are always those select few that can. HI. For further reference, read the letter in "mailbag" in the june 05 issue of 5.0 mustang and super ford entitled "after school special". Guess who wrote that?

Not to pick a fight, but i think some people should be more careful about the things they say. Those who should'nt post ina thread shoud'nt and those who like to bad mouth people should'nt either:D

And with that, my point has been made. :spot:

Grn92LX just got: :owned:

View attachment 514678
View attachment 514680
View attachment 514682

95snoozer said:
AMEN brothers

my fingers are too cramped to correct all the misinformation here and when i DO, i get flamed by another pack of newBs who think i am being an A hole... well i am but that doesnt mean you arent wrong NEWBIES!!!

i remember when snoozer owned me when i first joined up on here a lil over a year ago. sure i thought he was being an ass at the time, but then i realized how much of a noob of a question i asked

kindof a wake-up of how not to take shortcuts, thanks snoozer
(question was about powdercoating welds :))

Before = 10
Now = 4

too much BSing going on for a car site. tech lost it's appeal b/c before u could find an OT thread that broke that chain of tech questions and kept you awake