ready to lower stang! Recommendations Needed!!

kiln

Founding Member
Jul 28, 2001
Louisiana
I am ready to drop the stang.. and want some recommendations on what springs to get...

I have 18" 03 cobra rims right now...
I will be buying bilstein strut/shocks with the springs...
I need recommendations on what springs I should get
I do not want a super drastic drop.. I want a modest drop that looks good. nothing drastic.

It is a 1996 cobra

Ryan

• Sponsors (?)

I just dropped my 2001 Cobra Vert 2 weeks ago with an Eibach Pro Kit. I did it myself (I would recommend getting a buddy to help) in about 5 hours taking my time. I did not use CC plates since a couple a alignment shops told me they wouldn't be necessary with a 1 1/2" drop. I also have 18" wheels, everyone who has seen the car since including myself agrees that the drop was perfect; not too much and just enough to make the car's stance look much meaner.

Eibachs are good....me and 2 other buddy's have them. I believe Steeda springs are the same thing basically. Also hear a lot of good things about Kenny Brown springs.

H&R's would be too low from what you say you want out of the springs.

I have an '01 vert too and just put on the Max. Motorsports starter kit last week. This kit had the Eibach springs and its great! Bilsteins and CC plates, etc... about 1.5 drop in back and 1.0 in front. Just right with 18" wheels... The ride is a little stiffer, but not too bad and its very composed/controlled in the turns. Oh yeah, also did the IRS bushings at the same time... highly recommended. My buddies '01 has only the springs and the difference is huge!

Go for it!

JB