rear bumper decals

brian98gt

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2002
new jersey
i was at the track tonight and i saw a 99 up mustang with a black decal or something in the rear bumper. not in the letters, but under the letters in that weird indentation in the bumper. i thought it looked pretty cool and was wondering if anyone has seen this or know where i can get it. i didn't have a chance to ask the guy.

• Sponsors (?)

I never heard of someone putting a decal on that part of the
rear bumper.Though I do think stainless steel bumper inserts
would look great on your stang!

Actually what I just got done doing is about the same thing only I had mine painted. I had my shaker scoops and the bumper custom painted while they were repairing a small accident. Cost me 38 bucks extra. Have a look. it is just plain flat black paint over the clearcoat. with no clear on it.

Venom_Nitrous said:
Actually what I just got done doing is about the same thing only I had mine painted. I had my shaker scoops and the bumper custom painted while they were repairing a small accident. Cost me 38 bucks extra. Have a look. it is just plain flat black paint over the clearcoat. with no clear on it.

that looks really good. maybe the one i saw was painted also. you should throw some black bumper inserts in there.

I have had it like that for 2 days now and have had unteen million comments about it. all positive. It looks like a roush. I think putting in letters would be too muck black all in one spot. Used to have them before the paint had to go on. I am thinking the 35th anniversary trunk thingy.

Venom_Nitrous said:
I have had it like that for 2 days now and have had unteen million comments about it. all positive. It looks like a roush. I think putting in letters would be too muck black all in one spot. Used to have them before the paint had to go on. I am thinking the 35th anniversary trunk thingy.

i have a mineral gray gt vert with a black top so anything black on my car looks good. i just won a bought a 35th anniversary rear honeycomb panel on e-bay for 92.00 brand new. i have stainless steel bumper inserts, but i am thinking of geting black ones or having them sprayed black.i also want to have my spoiler painted black and my cood scoop, kind of like the mach 1's.

I have that part painted black also! I always have people asking me where I had it done at. Anyway, it came on the car when I bought it..... :rolleyes: :)
2684.jpg

i've made up my mind. since my bumper has to be repaired from my brother closing the garage door on it, i will get the bottom painted black and i will see if they can do the letters also.i'm also thinking of the black bullett rims, but i want to see what they look like on a mineral gray gt vert.