Rebuild Help!

SiLVeR_96

Jan 15, 2006
First time posting but i love this site...i bought this 96 GT with about 111k on it and im going to rebuild but i dont know much about rebuildin motors... if possible id like to keep it at 281ci after the rebuild. Also id like to add a Vortech 9psi SC system when i do this. i guys have any other i deas as to what i should do?maybe a PI swap??:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

first off welcome and to answer you Q's partially since they're will be more opinions on this.... is get it rehoned if you want to keep it at that displacement and get a forged bottom end with a cobra crank shaft if you are going with a S/C kit and a P.I swap will be good to

Thanks yes im new to this rebuilding business but i want to keep the car for a long time...its my first car payed with hard earned cash.. by the way how much that going to cost???

it depends on where you are going to take the block to get honed prices are set differently at different shops :shrug:.....and for rods, pistons, rings around $1,400 but they are forged,the crank not really sure. I'd say around $2,500-3,000 but that is just my guess, now if you have friends that can get you discounts on some stuff then hey :nice:

make sure the rods and pistons are forged. if you plan on running boost with PI heads, make sure u use a dished piston. the PI heads have a smaller chamber so the CR goes up. also use ARP main and head studs. spend extra money now, to avoid a failure later.