Recommend a shifter knob

nick6690

Mar 2, 2008
McDonough, GA
I've been wanting to try a new shifter knob for a while now. Right now I have a B&M T handle and it's nice for 1-2 and 3-4 shifts but I want something that will make 2-3 a little easier. I already have a pro 5.0 shifter but the way the t handle feels makes it awkward. Im thinking my hand will slip off with a ball knob. What do you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

I had a ball for a while, your hand doesn't slip off, but it takes a bit to get used to and after that I liked it but recently ended up putting the stock shift knob back on and like it the best actually.

Stock knob. It sounds wierd, but the only thing i can poweshift with is a stocker, i had a hurst sidewinder(with the button for my 2-step), and a 99 leather knob, and with both of those i would miss 3rd like it was my job. they were too bulky.

But if thats not an issue for you and you decied to go with a 99+ one, PM me, i would sell you it cheap

Cobra 5-spd knob

basically, a 99+ leather knob with am AL plate with 5-spd on it

7213G_Zoom.gif

Or you can get a 99-04 Gt knob because they are cheap and plentiful

I have a Steeda knob. It came as a gift with the Tri-Ax. Its metal on the top and bottom and rubber in the middle. Its a great knob and sticks to your hand. Never missed a shift with this combo. The only down side is that it leaves black rubber on your palm, especially in the summer, or if you have oil, grease, or wax on your hands.

I've been running the stocker in my MGW for the past 3 months, and havn't missed a shift at the track yet with it. I tried the Hurst pistol grip and loved it, but in the Florida heat, it was a PITA. :notnice: I used to cover it up with a t-shirt while I worked during the day, and I still couldn't even touch it with my hand afterwards, it heated up way too much.

I've been running the stocker in my MGW for the past 3 months, and havn't missed a shift at the track yet with it. I tried the Hurst pistol grip and loved it, but in the Florida heat, it was a PITA. :notnice: I used to cover it up with a t-shirt while I worked during the day, and I still couldn't even touch it with my hand afterwards, it heated up way too much.

hahaha when I had a UPR Bullit knob, in the winter it would be so cold so I put a winter glove over it and just shift it with the glove on it. I got alot of questions over that one haha. Thats why I love leather knobs, they dont get too cold or too hot.

I had the Mach 1 knob as well. I didn't have any prob with it getting hot. I even ran this in my '03 GT for a long time. The Cobra knob is more comfortable, but i switch them up.

Mach 1
attachment.php

Cobra (w/redlinegoods.com shift boot)
60356d1257025736-mustang5l5s-progress-thread-dsc00008-2-.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00114.JPG
    DSC00114.JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 130