Recover seats myself?

The glass has to be out. It's super easy to remove just go ahead and do it. Just wait, get all your parts and you can do the dash pad, package tray, glass and headliner in one weekend. You CAN do a headliner with the glass in (if you have an experienced shop do it) but the second you remove the glass it will probably fall down. The glass out makes stretching the headliner easy. You also have to remove the weatherstrip retainers on each side of the car, which is easy as well. But like I said before I have never done either the headliner or a glass install before and I got them both on my first tries. The glass install was so easy it was almost funny.

• Sponsors (?)

well I have nothing in the car right now, except the roll cage, clutch pedal and brake pedal. So everything is out of the way. Looks like I can go ahead with the head liner. I have all the parts for the install, just wasn't sure on the order.

One more tip, don't paint the area that you are going to glue the headliner to. I took a wire wheel on a grinder and cleaned all the crud and paint off where the windshield was, THEN put a coat of primer and flat black paint (my car is going to be black). That paint dried for a week and as soon as that glue touched it, it made a real mess and ended up peeling the paint off anyway.

Just an update, I recovered my backseat this evening in about 2 hours...TOO easy, I sat down in my living room and watched Big Bang Theory, $*#% My dad says and CSI and was done, they look great too, cant wait to do the front seats sunday night, going to spend saturday at the LSU vs. Ole Miss game, Geaux Tigers!

I have done several sets of Mustang seats with great results. It's not a easy job, but doable.

Getting new covers over new foam can be a pain.
Two tricks:
- Heat the covers in the sun (maybe dryer).
- Use talc powder. Sprinkle some on the foam and pulling the covers over is easier. The talc acts like a lubricate.

Good luck and take your time.