Refill T-5

Notchy Adam

Aug 2, 2005
Has anyone had any problems trying to refill the trans fluid on a T-5 with long tube headers??

I was thinking about refilling the trans case through the shifter but not sure how long it would take or how accurate it would be.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Adam

• Sponsors (?)

The post above mine is correct. My T-45 took almost 4 quarts of ATF. The T-5 might me less because its smaller, but have the fill plug out and let the fluid run out of that till it stops. :spot:

Shakerhood said:
I just stick a hose into it and run it up into the engine compartment and its an easy fill.
Best idea yet :nice:

I would follow this tip, just add a drip pan under the trans to catch the overflow.

Euphoric306 said:
2.6-2.7 quarts
:nice:

FIll it however you want. I would remove the fill plug no matter what, so when it is full (even if filling through the shifter), you can tell when it is full.

Good luck.

Shaker's method is how I fill trannies too (run the hose up past the pass side exhaust. I have clear tube from the home store so I can kind of see what is going on). Newspaper and a catch can under the trans helps too.
This works well for the diff too (up over the driver wheel and out the side. I have a bungee hanging from the GDO brackets so I can hang the funnel as I fill. :D

HISSIN50 said:
Shaker's method is how I fill trannies too (run the hose up past the pass side exhaust. I have clear tube from the home store so I can kind of see what is going on). Newspaper and a catch can under the trans helps too.
This works well for the diff too (up over the driver wheel and out the side. I have a bungee hanging from the GDO brackets so I can hang the funnel as I fill. :D
I'm with this guy. BTW you have a PM> :)