Build Thread "Rising from Ashes" 94 Cobra build thread

• Sponsors (?)

I just went through this entire build thread once more from the begining - all I can say is that you do some incredible detailed work - it's F-n awesome - you and (Raceoholic330) are the OCD kings as far as I'm concerned ( funny ur both going black exterior)........but .....Please........ for the love of Christ .....'Paint' your car.........:confused:

My level of OCD does not compair to 95steed's. I'm meticulous, but his desire to have the body and engine bay dead straight is downright obsessive! Every part of his car will be 9 miles deep with black paint. Can't wait to see the final product.

Reactions: 1 user
I think your 100% correct - even my OCD only goes so far - 95steed's has everyone beat - his paint work will be awesome - can't wait to see it - .........hopefully he's laying down color coats ..........he's probably so obsessive - b/c his purple car got 'burned' :( - which I completely understand .....make it better ....make it stronger ......:leaving:

^^^^
Thanks guys...I appreciate everyone following my progress. It gives me much needed motivation. As far as my OCD, well...I don't ever want to look at this car and wish I had done this or that, so I'm doing it the best I can the first and last time.

I don't have any paint on this car, but in my defense, I have painted a bunch of cars since I started this project. Here is my latest.
95CobrainMaryland3.jpg

^^^^
Thanks guys...I appreciate everyone following my progress. It gives me much needed motivation. As far as my OCD, well...I don't ever want to look at this car and wish I had done this or that, so I'm doing it the best I can the first and last time.

I don't have any paint on this car, but in my defense, I have painted a bunch of cars since I started this project. Here is my latest.

Man, I wish you lived closer to me. I am having a really hard time finding a good shop to do my car (for a fairly reasonable price). I'd love to help/learn from whoever is doing the paint.

Man, I wish you lived closer to me. I am having a really hard time finding a good shop to do my car (for a fairly reasonable price). I'd love to help/learn from whoever is doing the paint.

I second this. Price is always a factor of course, but what I am most concerned about is quality. I want someone who cares about the job to do my paint.

I second this. Price is always a factor of course, but what I am most concerned about is quality. I want someone who cares about the job to do my paint.

I've got a budget in mind that I would be much more willing to compromise on if I knew I was getting this quality. As it is now, I will be gutting the car and disassembling what I can before I take it just to save some cash. It's a convertible, so you'd think I'd only have to pay 80% of regular price!

Some progress for the week.
The trunk lid is now lined up and the quarters and the driver's quarter saw the BFH to get the gap right on both sides. The spoiler from my old car was dusted off and fitted back on the lid.
New003.jpg

New005.jpg

New010.jpg

Finished blocking the driver's fender again and got it in more primer. I think it almost there
Untitled-8.jpg

wet primer
New017.jpg

New019.jpg

Blocked the underside of the hood again and it saw coats 4,5 and 6 of primer. It needs one more blocking and a couple more coats of primer to be perfect.
New014.jpg

New020.jpg

wet primer
New015.jpg

New016.jpg

Quick once over on the engine bay
New011.jpg

Got some NOS Cobra fog lights and side markers to add to my growing collection of taillights for this car.
New021.jpg

Sorry.... still no paint

Now that is a thing of beauty.
Thanks man!
I am glad to see that you do just as great quality for your customers as you do for your own projects. It is harder and harder to find an honest hard working shop that puts that type of effort forth. Kudos to you Kevin.
Thanks Nick! I am never satisfied with anything, but as long as the owner is...its worth the extra effort if my name is on it.
Soooooooo sick. you are a scientist awesome work man. you make Mustang owners proud!!!
I appreciate it.
still looking great Kevin
Thanks man...did you get that SVT logo on yet?

I have a couple of painted pieces done. The sail panels have been wet sanded with 1500, 2000, 2500 and 3000, then buffed out.
Just gotta be patient and the rest of the car should look similar.
Paint6.jpg

Paint5.jpg

Paint7.jpg