roof replacement progress

Not to late to make it a convertible. How about T-tops?

It is looking really nice Tony. I can't wait to see it. On a side note, I bring my car home tomorrow. It goes to the alignment shop in the morning and the exhaust shop after that. It helps they share the same building. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow. :)

• Sponsors (?)

you show me a pic of one with T tops and I might consider it. My boss is trying to talk me into chopping the top. I saw it on a 64 or 65 nova and it looked cool. I just cant visualize it on a mustang. I could screw around with the idea on the spare roof frame that I have laying in the side yard.

It was for an actual convertible. It was some hill billy in his back yard cutting up a car and having his girlfriend film it for him. I never seen the folding top before. I wouldn't imagine that I could keep it dry in the car with that set up here in the great north west.

You drive in the rain?!???!?!?!??:eek: Actually it is as water tight as any vert, probably more so. I'm glad you didn't go wth the hillbilly chop though, this is what that tends to look like if you take the easy way out with a custom top instead of welding in donor vert parts.

attachment.php

Here's an idea of what a chopped Stang looks like. I agree that it is not as nice looking as say a 50's Merc or something that actually ehances the body lines as opposed to detract but I think this one is too much, it's probably 2" or so. I think a less subtle 1" chop could look good though. Alot of work for a small amount if you have to start from scratch but in your case you are half way there already.

attachment.php

so tonight I started tack welding my skin on and came up with a problem. The rear window is not bent to the same size as the original. It is an 1/8 shorter. So now I have to figure out how to bring it out to match the original pillar on the car.

Attachments

• tmpphp9C324S.jpg
    tmpphp9C324S.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 72
  • tmpphp54Qybh.jpg
    tmpphp54Qybh.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 64