Running out of fuel!

Blown89notch14

May 8, 2011
I have a 302 with a supercharger building about 14 lb of boost. Took it to the dyno and I am leaning out fuel wise on the top end. At that time I had 42 lb injectors in it, now I am going with 60 lb. I also have dual 255's fuel pumps and I don't know if those with the stock rails and lines will keep up with the 60's or do I need to go with a sump tank and external pump any advice would be greatly appreciated!

• Sponsors (?)

Im pretty much in the same boat as you are. I have a 331 stroker supercharged and Im out of fuel at 5500 RPM. I have 50lb injectors, 255 in tank pump and an Anderson Ford Big Pump inline pump. Im also running stock lines and rails. I ad my car dyno tuned at Anderson Ford and they all agree I have a fuel Volume issue. Obviously an Aeromotive kit would fix this problem, as it would fix yours to. Most guys will tell you can probably get away with just upgrading you lines and rails, but I like the assurance that everything I will need will be in the kit. Ive talked with Aeromotive before and you can either go with there internal sumped kit or external, they offer the same performance but the external mounted pump kit is cheaper yet a little louder.

Whats your budget? I would like to see lines, rails at a min, add a big external pump and you'll be good up to about 1000hp

What intake are you running, what distributor?

thanks for the advice guys i was hoping to get off a little cheaper but i was afraid of this. i am running the edelbrock rpm 2 and an msd distributor. i am also doing my dyno work at anderson ford.

That combo should be ok with a 255 pump and stock lines.. Get bigger injectors..how much power is your combo making? If it's less than 500 I would get bigger injectors. Get the thing tuned, they can tell if your injectors are maxed out..