Rusty Frame questions

squeeeg

Founding Member
Jul 4, 2000
Michigan
The other day i was driving down the road and my muffler came unhooked, I thought that I broke the rubber connecter off the hanger but that wasn't the case. I found out that my rear frame rails are rusted. The front 3/4 of the car is rust free but not the back, gotta love michigan winters. Is there any way to fix this or at least stop it from getting any worse. Some body please have a answer i really don't want to sell this car because of this.

• Sponsors (?)

The best analogy I can come up with is that rust seems to be a lot like cancer. You might do a lot to eradicate it, and it may be gone for a while, but it often comes back. If you're serious about having/building a really sound Stang, best to pick one up from down South.

My '87 GT was much too rusted up. My drivers side tailpipe dropped just like your because the frame rail rotted right through. I end up getting another car, which I am currently transfering my parts to. When I pulled the '87's engine i found out that my frame rail in the front rusted in HALF, and the only thing holding it on was the swaybar and inner fender. The fender eventually ripped. I was able to jump on the swaybar and you could see how much it flexed. Anyways. like I said, I just got a new car. This one in particular was from South Carolina.