95.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 88mustangbodywork045.jpg
    88mustangbodywork045.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 88mustangbodywork044.jpg
    88mustangbodywork044.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 61
  • Sponsors (?)

I understand the whole money issue, but dont put all that effort into a car, and paint over a bunch of rust. Cut that crap out, get a new quarter in there, and thank yourself down the road. Also, for the intake, you can get aluminum engine paint that looks pretty good. I did upper, lower and valve covers with it, Turned out pretty nice.

IMG_1570.jpg

My car has the IRS in it too, If you have the skills to do the work you have done, you can swap one in also.

View attachment 368080

Keep at it, it will be worth it when its all said and done.

Attachments

• IMG_1570.jpg
    IMG_1570.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 66
I understand the whole money issue, but dont put all that effort into a car, and paint over a bunch of rust. Cut that crap out, get a new quarter in there, and thank yourself down the road. Also, for the intake, you can get aluminum engine paint that looks pretty good. I did upper, lower and valve covers with it, Turned out pretty nice.

My car has the IRS in it too, If you have the skills to do the work you have done, you can swap one in also.

i plan to cut all the bad sections of rust out...

i don't want a IRS...there not for what i want my car to do...had one in my SC i couldn't get it to stick from a dig unless i rolled into the throttle so lightly it wasnt funny...

No mass air ryan? I know... I'm trying to get a video clip. I don't even know what it sounds like out of the car.

not at the moment...i have the harness and the computer just havent felt like doing it.

Now I'm waiting to get these and a new cam on first tho...
photo0139ju3.jpg

:mad: before and after clip!

Attachments

• photo0139ju3.jpg
    photo0139ju3.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 66
$1,600 and before you say anything about what i paid for it think this...

4 cyl verts are going for twice that in running shape in my area...and a 5.0 vert that runs and looks good no rust...is going for around 4k+

Honestly dude.. You didn't get a bad deal at all and i would probably buy it too :nice:

IMG_1570.jpg

View attachment 367992

:drool: i loveeeee it :nice:

Attachments

• IMG_1570.jpg
    IMG_1570.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 55
I don't want to sound like some of the other people who commented in your first post but I can't help but mention that I could buy a running fox 5.0 in better shape at the junk yard for $700.00. My vette is in WAY better shape and I only payed 2k for it. I also highly doubt that any 4cyl vert (no matter how good of a shape it is in) goes for anywhere near $3,200 regardless of where you live :bs: . I've seen 4cyl foxes with no rust go for as low as $200.00 at police auctions and junkyards in my area .

Here are some examples of stangs in YOUR state

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...rs=&transmission=&max_price=1000&cardist=2008

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...rs=&transmission=&max_price=1000&cardist=1933

im not even gonna get started with this again..

and ya...you do sound like an ass

how much did you pay for your 92 gt oh mighty one

where I live, that car would have sold for at least 4,000. In fact just replace the top and I bet you'd get 6k for it here. And our money is almost even with the USD now too...

its really hit or miss with prices for 5liter cars in mass. i have seen ****boxes go for rediculous prices but yet i have had some one look me dead in the face and tell me iam crazy for asking 7500 firm for my car which is a ROCK SOLID rust free lx with a mint stock interior (map light, ash tray door still work) a worked over h/c/i dss 306 with complete tubular front and rear suspension and baer 4 wheel disk brake five lug swap. i think that car is right about where the market is for most regions. especially rust belt regions that its hard to find a car with floorboards for most cars over 16 years.

its really hit or miss with prices for 5liter cars in mass. i have seen ****boxes go for rediculous prices but yet i have had some one look me dead in the face and tell me iam crazy for asking 7500 firm for my car which is a ROCK SOLID rust free lx with a mint stock interior (map light, ash tray door still work) a worked over h/c/i dss 306 with complete tubular front and rear suspension and baer 4 wheel disk brake five lug swap. i think that car is right about where the market is for most regions. especially rust belt regions that its hard to find a car with floorboards for most cars over 16 years.

id pay that much for it...

engine you have what at the least 4k into?
rest of drivetrain antoher 2K or so? theres 6k into it..plus nice paint/interior...no rust..

i like your LX

I paid 3k for my GT and I still think I payed too much for it. You can look at it anyway you want but you still payed too much period. I don't mean this as an insult but seriously, I have seen foxes that are in better condition (not to mention cheaper) than yours at the junk yard.

something better always comes up once you spend your money. ask me how i know......

either way he might have paid a little more than he should have for it.....but he has it now and hes too deep into it to change his mind. Hes learning **** by doing it himself. Hes doing better than I am. I can wait to get rid of mine......I still have that 5spd setup, ryan:D