safe mode codes p0446/ p2106 need help

ozan169

Oct 24, 2006
hi ppl

my baby stang started going in to safe mode last night these to codes keep on coming up p0446/ p2106 when it gose in to safe mode any ideas ppl i tryed clearing the codes with my sct2 but no luck keeps on coming back. it dose it most when i push me foot to the floor i can drive it if im going slow ???????

thanks

2005 mustang GT auto
Stoptech gt stage 2 braking system
Kenny brown strut tower brace
Bmr rear swaybar
Bmr lower rear control arms
eibach pro kit springs
Bbk airfilter kit
Bbk ceramic short headers
Magnaflow x pipe with racing cats
Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust System
Bbk 62mm twin throttle body
Moto blue under drive pulley kit
brentspeed Sct tuner
Ford racing 4.10 gears
Comp cam racing cams stage1
comp cam valve steel retainers
comp cam valve springs
Ford racing cmcv delete kit
tci torque converter 3000stall

• Sponsors (?)

ford PC/ED manual said:
P2106 Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) System - Forced Limited Power Detailed Description
The TAC system is in the failure mode effects management (FMEM) mode of forced limited power. This DTC indicates the FMEM action is in effect due to a failure in an electronic throttle control (ETC) related component or module.

Possible causes :-
Unplugged motor, circuits shorted to power.
TAC motor open, unplugged motor, circuits shorted to power.
TAC motor stuck open or closed.
Mass air flow (MAF) sensor fault.
Throttle position (TP) sensor fault.
Module communications network concerns.
Manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor fault (Vehicles with an EGR system module [ESM]).
Output shaft speed (OSS) sensor fault (Crown Victoria, Expedition, Explorer, F-150 4.6L and 5.4L, Grand Marquis, LS, Mountaineer, Mustang 4.6L automatic, Thunderbird, Town Car).
Turbine shaft speed (TSS) sensor fault (Crown Victoria, Expedition, Explorer, F-150 4.6L and 5.4L, Grand Marquis, LS, Mountaineer, Mustang 4.6L automatic, Thunderbird, Town Car).
Anti-lock brake system (ABS) fault (Crown Victoria, Expedition, Explorer, F-150 4.6L and 5.4L, Grand Marquis, LS, Mountaineer, Mustang 4.6L automatic, Thunderbird, Town Car).

Diagnostic Aids
This DTC is an informational DTC and can be set in combination with a number of other DTCs which are causing the FMEM. Diagnose any accompanying powertrain DTCs first. For Crown Victoria, Expedition, Explorer, F-150 4.6L and 5.4L, Grand Marquis, LS, Mustang 4.6L automatic, Thunderbird, and Town Car with only P2106, repair any ABS DTCs, ABS related DTCs in other modules or vehicle communication concerns using the appropriate section of the Workshop Manual.

First thing you need to do is have this car scanned with a scan tool that can read codes from other modules ( such as ABS) and can pick up communication network faults.

the second code is a EVAP code and should not cause the car to go into failure mode... BUT.... it's also possible that they are related, I have not looked at the wiring diagram but it's possible that you have shorts in the harness on the evap canister circuit and another circuit that could cause the PCM to trigger failure mode effects management.