Scatter Shield for My '65

Ferf

Dec 6, 2002
I am nearing the completion of my '65 coupe restomod. I am running a brand new, all aluminum 302 stroked to a 347. It should be putting out around 425 HP and 425 fl/lb of torque. I am using a Tremec TKO 5-speed transmission.

I am thinking about getting the McLeod scatter shield (part #8624) for my car. Do you guys recommend going with this scatter shield and if so where is the best place to buy it?

Thanks,

Chris

• Sponsors (?)

I have a Mcleod scattershield, it required a small amount of a grinding on the driver side because of the mechanical clutch linkage bracket, and I had to take a pry-bar to one of my header tubes for a bit of clearancing.

I have a Mcleod scattershield, it required a small amount of a grinding on the driver side because of the mechanical clutch linkage bracket, and I had to take a pry-bar to one of my header tubes for a bit of clearancing.

I also have a Mcleod behind my 347. I had to grind it in the same spot. Get a set of stubby ratcheting wrenches - there are a lot of bolts and some of them are hard to get to. I got the optional pivot so I could run the original clutch linkage.

Cheaper than a new set of feet.