SCT Flasher HELP!!!

slvrbullIT

May 27, 2003
Dallas, TX
I installed my sct tune with my flasher and everything went great. The car drives way better and I can definatley tell there is more torque/horsepower. Now for the problem: I drove around for 2 days fine and then all of a sudden my check engine light came on today. So I hooked up the flasher and found the code P1152 was the reason the light was on. I looked in the book and it says im running rich. I know the tune caused it to because my check engine light was never on with the stock tune and it came on right after installing the new tune. It does seem like i can smell more fuel also. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Clear all the DTC's and uninstall the tune from the SCT Flasher. Then drive the car around and see if the code comes up again. If it doesn't, call your tuner and let them know whats going on and they should be able to fix it. If anything though, the tune should lean the car out not make it rich.

Instangator said:
Clear all the DTC's and uninstall the tune from the SCT Flasher. Then drive the car around and see if the code comes up again. If it doesn't, call your tuner and let them know whats going on and they should be able to fix it. If anything though, the tune should lean the car out not make it rich.
yeah im gonna try that, i thought it was supposed to lean it out also. :shrug:

i was just searching the forums and came across the darkwolf mod so i rotated the maf 90 degrees toward the fender and it seems to have leaned it out. i cant smell the gas nearly as bad (im always gonna smell a little b/c the o/r h pipe) but it doesnt reek near as bad as it did. i drove around for about 30 minutes and it pulls like crazy with no ses light yet. :nice: