Seafoam is teh *****!

• Sponsors (?)

Lilbrex where did you add the seafoam into the intake? I have no plans of adding to the oil but I have a sticking IMRC so before I pull the intake, if I can find a controller, I thought I would try the seafoam. Looks like the pcv line wouldn't evenly distribute the cleaner. pictures and details would be great. thanks

Lilbrex where did you add the seafoam into the intake? I have no plans of adding to the oil but I have a sticking IMRC so before I pull the intake, if I can find a controller, I thought I would try the seafoam. Looks like the pcv line wouldn't evenly distribute the cleaner. pictures and details would be great. thanks
Take the hose off the pcv valve but leave it connected to the intakes dump a half can of seafoam into a red solo cup. I just revved the engine to 2k, sucked it in as fast as possible. Then shut it off right away, let it sit about 20 minutes, fire it up, rev to about 2500 for 15 seconds, then drive WOT. It will smoke like a son of a b if its your first time doing it. Then drive for about 20 minutes.

I'm having imrc issues too, says my bank 1 imrc is sticking closed.

So do i need to change my oil after I Seafoam my motor?
I've always used it about 500 miles before my oil change. However, after further research, I've found a little more information:

http://seafoamsales.com/sea-foam-change-oil/ said:
Question:
After using Sea Foam, do I need to change my oil?

Answer:
This is the most frequently asked question about using Sea Foam Motor Treatment: After using Sea Foam Motor Treatment in your oil, fuel, or through the vacuum line (to clean deposits from the combustion chamber), do you need to change your oil?

The short answer is no, you don't have to change your oil after using Sea Foam Motor Treatment in any application. However, read on for important facts and tips on using Sea Foam Motor Treatment.

What Sea Foam Motor Treatment does:
Sea Foam Motor Treatment is a highly refined, pure petroleum blend with no chemical additives, and is compatible with all motor oils, including synthetics. It is safe for all internal engine components and will not affect any seals, gaskets or o-rings. Sea Foam Motor Treatment is not a chemical engine flush, and therefore will not damage internal engine components or clog the oil pickup screen.

Sea Foam Motor Treatment is safe for both long-term cleaning and short-term, pre-service cleaning. Using Sea Foam Motor Treatment in your oil, at 1 ½ ounces per quart, is a safe way to clean a crankcase and quiet noisy lifters as you drive. Sea Foam Motor Treatment cleans oil deposits and varnish build-up in your crankcase by safely and slowly re-liquefying the old oil residue so contaminants may flow and be filtered out. The longer Sea Foam Motor Treatment is in your oil, the cleaner your crankcase will become.

You can find more information on adding Sea Foam Motor Treatment to oil in the “How to Use” section of our web site. For now, keep these tips in mind:

Tips for using Sea Foam Motor Treatment:
  • When adding Sea Foam Motor Treatment to clean oil for long-term maintenance cleaning, you must check your oil periodically for color and clarity; when your oil looks dirty, change it. Because you have added cleaning oil (Sea Foam Motor Treatment), you may have to change your oil before the service interval suggested for non-treated oil.
  • When adding Sea Foam Motor Treatment to dirty oil, use 1½ ounces per quart of oil for best results, and drive at least 100 miles before the oil is changed.
  • When using Sea Foam Motor Treatment in your fuel, or through the vacuum line for cleaning carbon deposits, your oil does not need to be changed.

Read the back of the can. It will tell you that you can use it as both a treatment (leaving it in until next oil change) and a flush (draining it with the oil). This thread is like a billion years old and I don't have time to read through 832 posts to see if anyone actually posted "Read the Bottle".

Best of Luck.