Seat belts twisted?

flip01

Jun 19, 2003
California
anyone elses seat belts kinda twisted from the factory? just wondering if it was just my Bullitt...

if im not...how did you fix it? i mean its not really that important to me, but wouldnt you get annoyed by it too?

• Sponsors (?)

flip01 said:
anyone elses seat belts kinda twisted from the factory? just wondering if it was just my Bullitt...

if im not...how did you fix it? i mean its not really that important to me, but wouldnt you get annoyed by it too?

Same thing happened to my 03 gt. I took it back to the dealer and they replaced the entire seatbelt mechanism. Not sure what that will cost you... give your local dealer a call.

Good luck, Scary

Ford is going to replace mine next week under 5 year / 50k mile warranty. I told the guy they were really messed up after the last oil change and he told me he'd order the part. 2 months later, he said it's coming in Tuesday.

I've had the problem for the last 20k miles, I just always forgot to tell Ford. I'm at 49k miles :eek:

If you mean the seat belt fitting is 180* from where it should be, then you can fix it yourself. You need patience because it takes a few tries to get it turned around. Take the buckle and start to fold the belt over on one edge. Pull/slide the buckle up over the fold while trying to increase the amount of folded belt running through the slot in the buckle. This is the tricky part because the fold in the belt seems to stay the same unless you tug at it at the same time the buckle is sliding up. This works in either direction so when you get the buckle up as far as you can on the belt and there is still more belt to roll over, keep tugging on the folded edge while you pull the buckle down. Eventually, the buckle will be turned over on the belt, just the way you want it.

nyuk98gt said:
Eventually, the buckle will be turned over on the belt, just the way you want it.

I told the dealer 2 years ago that it was twisted. My service manager spent 30 minutes while I was there trying to untangle it while wearing his nice suit. :rlaugh: He got it a little untwisted but I was like "guy, don't worry about it". Now the belts don't even retract right so Ford is going to replace them. Thank goodness, people can't get the belt on anymore since it's so twisted up.

Yea mine dont retract right either. I especially love it when I turn around to see when im backing in and it strangles me...I guess me and my dad will have to fix it one day. Bugs the crap outta me