Seen this yet? Shelby GT rated at 325HP.

MineralMan said:
25HP is more of an increase than the '01 Bullitt had over the '01 GT.

well dont forget, the Bullitt had a lot of other things going for it. Better suspension, upgraded brakes, special interior trim pieces, some exterior mods, and the bullitt manifold is good for gains across the powerband (peak numbers arent everything). I think they are a very solid upgrade from the GT, especially when you factor in the price of upgrading your stock GT with all of the parts that the Bullitt has on it.

Then the Mach1 is another step above the GT, with similar suspension and brakes as the Bullitt but an engine that is in a class of its own. For the record, the Mach 1 4V 4.6 is not just a N/A terminator motor... a few things that come to mind is the 10:1 compression, shaker induction system, different heads, and aluminum block. It's a completely unique motor.

http://www.mach1registry.com/Specs/Specs.htm

• Sponsors (?)

CatmanJJ said:
First the GT/CS and now the Shebly GT, anybody else gettin a little tired of these new "Special Edition" cars?

Blame the 35th Anniversary "Limited Edition" GT's(hehe/own one) they were the first late model "Special Edition"(non Cobra) Mustang to sell well. 4628 made. And it was virtually unknown except by the true Mustang crowd. Then came the 2000 "Spring Feature" the 2001 BULLITT, the 2003 Mach and so on. Ford made 'em and someone bought them. Why should they quit?
I'm all for different flavors, because I remember the lean times(mids 80's til late 90's, when a "different" Mustang had to be built by the owner.

The difference is the bullit was not much more $$ than the GT to buy while the mach 1 was 5K difference between base sticker prices. The shelby will most likely be 35K or so, so imo the extra 5-7K it costs should come with more than 25hp extra. If the shelby is like 30 then ok it would be worth it.

04DarkShadowGT said:
The difference is the bullit was not much more $$ than the GT to buy while the mach 1 was 5K difference between base sticker prices. The shelby will most likely be 35K or so, so imo the extra 5-7K it costs should come with more than 25hp extra. If the shelby is like 30 then ok it would be worth it.

That's another valid point. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm guessing somewhere between 30 and 32k sans dealer rapage but that's still a lot to me, pure speculation at this point though.

i wholeheartedly agree with another poster.

do a 5.4L with 3v(4v even better, but i wouldnt push the issue) heads mated to a cobra spec T56 and call it a GT-330. that setup would be capible of 350hp/tq easily, and would sell to people who want power without a power adder(sad it takes ford a supercharger to break 400hp while chevy is eying 600HP with the LS series stuff).

Neither Ford nor Shelby can use the GT-350 name, thusly the Newer hertz shelby's are called the GT-H, not the GT350H like the originals.

thomas91169 said:
i wholeheartedly agree with another poster.

do a 5.4L with 3v(4v even better, but i wouldnt push the issue) heads mated to a cobra spec T56 and call it a GT-330. that setup would be capible of 350hp/tq easily, and would sell to people who want power without a power adder(sad it takes ford a supercharger to break 400hp while chevy is eying 600HP with the LS series stuff).

Neither Ford nor Shelby can use the GT-350 name, thusly the Newer hertz shelby's are called the GT-H, not the GT350H like the originals.

That is what I thought was gonna happen after I found about about the body style change for 2005. But instead they released a 4.6 3 valve, then SVT said byebye and the GT500 cant be afforded by many.

Hate to say it, and it will offend some, but if the new Camaro is even remotely close in power numbers, when I go looking for a newer car in 2008 or 2009 I more than likely will pick the LS powered Camaro.

i know for a fact ford has larger spec cams for the 5.4 3v. they are specifically for the 5.4. add hp and tq over the truck version. no other changes. just cams and tune.the question is if we will ever see those cams from the factory.

Tally_4.6 said:
I swear if i hear the name "Shelby" one more time tied with mustang i'm gonna lose it. How many more damn Shelby cars are gonna come out?!?!
you know back in the 60's Shelby and ford did the same thing thats why now with the retro style mustang they brought back the shelby's it only makes sense.:nice:
so why would you lose it when all ford is doing is trying to get their head out of their a:nono: :nono: i think its a good deal and one day in the near future they will make a mustang that does compete with the zo6 and the enzo and maybe by 2020 one will land on the moon on its own power:nice: