Set my selling price...

Dusstbuster

I love meat more than anything! I just have a spec
May 31, 2004
Moorhead, Minnesota
DISCLAIMER: MODS this isn't a Classified ad, I won't even be posting my car on the site when I actually come around to selling it.

I'll probably end up selling my car next spring as fuel costs, general wear/tear/maintenance, and other factors have led up to this. It's my first car, my baby, and I have an emotional attachment to it so this is like one of the hardest decisions I've made...but...I think I'll follow through.

ANYWAYS

*wipes tear*

What do you guys think I should ask for a selling price? I have a price in mind but I'll let you guys help me decide if what I'm thinking is a good price.

INFORMATION:
-Salvage Title
-New Radiator/Suspension (old radiator blew, old suspension had snapped spring and blown strut)
-All Mods in sig (don't do squat for value)
-Automatic
-V8
-104,400 miles
-Curb rash on 3/4 rims (Don't ask...sudden snowstorms prior to winter storage really suck)
-I've owned it for 5 years and it has only seen 1 winter while I owned it
-Mobil 1 Oil/Motorcraft Filter every 3000 miles
-$1300 Hail Damage estimate from Insurance company from hail storm 4 weeks ago :nonono: One of the big kickers in finally getting me to consider selling
-Other info is probably in my sig

Pictures:
Picture006-4.jpg

Picture003-8.jpg

Let me know if you'd want to know anything else about the car/it's history/whatever.

Attachments

• Picture006-4.jpg
    Picture006-4.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 74
  • Picture003-8.jpg
    Picture003-8.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Sponsors (?)

throw 7 grand out there ! (had to be the first, sorry if I lowballed the ****za out a ya)

That is WAY more than I was even considering asking...I wouldn't even consider that if it had a clean title and was in immaculate condition (unless it's some dumb 15 year old who thinks its the coolest car ever and they or their parents are willing to pay that)

I hate to say it, but you probably have about a $3500 car - if that. The salvage title is a killer, and having $1300 in hail damage is definitely gonna work against you. Why not keep it and turn it into a project car?

At the point your car is in, you're not gonna get near enough out of it to make up for the fun you'll loose. I'm suprised you want to sell it at all, with all the blood sweat and tears you've put into it. I'm sure it means more to you than just a car. I'd keep it, and turn it into a monster. Just my 2 cents. :shrug:

Honestly 2K. You have alot of factors working against you.

Auto, Salvage, hail damage, wheel damage, etc. No offense at all but its a salvage title car in bad shape with over 100,000 miles.

I paid 6K for a 98 GT with 80,000 miles that was loaded up and in awesome shape. There are tons of mustangs, resale sucks even on a nice one.

I would say as pretty as the car is...

park it near a high school. 4500 bucks on the window with your number and you will have a sell in no time.

I bought my 96 gt vert for 3200 with 110k miles on it, completely stock with remote start, new tires, new top, and a clear title. But i have owned a mustang before this one, and knew what to look for to drop the price.

:nice:

Honestly 2K. You have alot of factors working against you.

Auto, Salvage, hail damage, wheel damage, etc. No offense at all but its a salvage title car in bad shape with over 100,000 miles.

I paid 6K for a 98 GT with 80,000 miles that was loaded up and in awesome shape. There are tons of mustangs, resale sucks even on a nice one.

2K is right about what I was thinking of selling it for.

No way I'm turning it into a project car, I want a more realistic vehicle to drive. If I made more money I would have no problem keeping it but my current income level doesn't justify having a car which costs ~$1600/yr for insurance, ~$1400/yr for gas, and only gets driven 7-8 months out of the year.

What I might do is just not sell the car and store it somewhere with NO coverage on it...well...maybe comprehensive. I just want enough money to get my Mazda6...

Personally, that's what I would do. Take the coverage off of it, stop driving it, and make it a project. Look at it this way - down the road you are probably going to get the bug again, at which point you'll have to shell out cash for a different 'stang with who knows how many miles. You already know the ins and outs of this car, and are familiar with its strengths/weaknesses. Having said that, it's not my car and it's not my money. In the end you'll end up doing what you want to do anyway.