She's gone!

millhouse

Founding Member
May 14, 2002
Simpsonville, SC
Today is a monumental day indeed. I've had her for nearly 8 years now and finally broke down and traded her for a 97 Laser Red Cobra Convertible. Of course, on the way back some tool in a new GT passed me with the license plate "Get Some"....DOH!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

WOW!!! I'm sorry, I really wasn't familiar with your former car, but you traded a TT 89 notch, for a 97 Cobra vert???:shrug:

I love modular cars & all, & 96-98 Cobra's are awesome cars, but a TT pushrod would be my choice. Is the Cobra stock, low mileage, clean?

Here is the best I've got (They are scaled UP from craigslist!)...

1938766_600.jpg

1938765_600.jpg

1938764_600.jpg

don't get me wrong, i love that style cobra, especially since its the mod motor. Just doesnt seem like such a great deal in terms of $ unless theres something special about the car (mileage, condition etc.)

don't get me wrong, i love that style cobra, especially since its the mod motor. Just doesnt seem like such a great deal in terms of $ unless theres something special about the car (mileage, condition etc.)

I might be inclined to say the same thing about an '89 Fox body. Twin Turbo is cool, but I can't say it would make the car worth a whole lot more on its own.

I'd have to see what the '89 was like before damning or praising one, over another. :shrug:

What your not seeing tannerc91gt is the rust, dents, dings, older (and lower grade) interior along with the fact that it's and 89 coupe compared to a 97 cobra vert. Yes, it make a ton more power...but it's also crude, loud, temperamental, less comfortable, less clean, older...and not a vert!

I hear ya dude. I think I found the right buyer for the four-eyed freak, but I don't know if I can watch her go. If he does come to get her (suposed to call me Wednesday to make arangements) I will probably have to leave before she's put on the trailer. Had her about 10 years now.

WLDHRSE dude people would have to bury me in that car before i would sell it. i would hold on to it if i were you, if the rest of the car looks like the picture theres no way i would let it go. not to mention i drool over your car everytime i read a post by you.

millhouse, thats cool you got yourself a Cobra. are there going to be plans for it or are you going to keep it stock for resale?

Seriously, it's likely letting a pet go after years of obedience!

As for future mods, I'm going to take things REAL slow. It already has subframe connectors, 3.73 gears, lowering springs and a few other tidbits. I'm not a big fan of the flowmasters on the rear (I love the sounds of borla's on 4.6 DOHC's), but my main point of swapping was to get something that was daily driver-able WITH A/C while still being somewhat quick and fun. Getting all this in a convertible was just an added bonus! Eventually I WILL be throwing some twins on it, but I'll be doing things a bit differently next time around. While a tubular k-member, a-arms, coil-overs and CC plates are nice on paper (save weight, more rigid etc), they are loud as hell! I'm not just talking about road noise, but when you are turning from a slow roll they creek, pop and make all sorts of noise. What I don't want to do is have another car slowly turn into a weekend warrior/drag queen. What this all means is that I'll have to get creative with the next turbo kit I buy and/or make. A remote mount setup may be a distinct possibility. Of course, before that happens I'll have to go back through the engine and get things built up. While 5.0's are a dime a dozen, these 4.6 DOHC's are NOT!

I'll try to get some pics up within the next few days for sure!

Congrats Millhouse!..... i didnt know u were so uncomfortable in your Fox i never had a turbo didnt know they were so temperamental. Im 6"2 250 and i fit comfortably in my Fox....its no caddy, ive drove my nephews 94 Cobra to tell u the truth im more comfortable in my Fox it drives better. My Fox is right where i need it with comfort and POWER i get excited everytime i back her out of the garage, ive never went further than Carlisle like a 4 hour trip i would not wanna drive her to Florida but almost. Never could understand the bad rap Foxes get sometimes my 86 didnt drive like my 89 but exceptable. Ive had alot of different Muscle cars over the years I cant think of a better car to go out and turn some heads and have some fun with IMO...... i will never sell mine.
Good Luck thats a nice Cobra!! Verts are great this time of the year always wanted a Vert for summer as a dd