Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
:rolleyes: My Daughter thinks I'm :crazy:

I am driving 450 miles to a gathering of show cars, :cool:
Paid to get into the Show and Don't care if it wins some Trophy. :stick:

I say Why not, :banana: :banana: :banana: 3 Day weekend, :cool: Cars
Front row self Valet parking, easy chairs and refreshments. :hail2:

Best of all I get to Drive my Gal. :p

:nonono: She can't be right, must listen to the voices.

So which is it for You, Is the Stang All Show or Go.

• Sponsors (?)

Anyone who has seen my stang; then looked at what I have done it her will say hands down that my car is go and not show. (ya, the body is that bad :D) However, the body is the next on the list (hopefully).

I'm part of the "Who cares" group. It makes me happy. Not pretty up close, but have had compliments from other gearheads and Mercedes drivers. I need the "go" to feel good too. I was going to the El Centro air show today, but thought about the 200+ mile drive one way. At 7 mpg's, I don't know if there will be enough gas stations on the way! I think I'll just go to the beach today with "both" of my favorite gals!

I guess that I fall into that list to. :p

If I had plenty of $ and a place to park them a garage of Trailer Queens would be nice.

But I like to Drive mine and still look good. :nice:

I have been doing some planning to take the Route 66 run on a Budget.
Have almost everything needed to make it staying at Campgrounds.
and everything fits in the Stang.
That should be a Fun Road Trip. :flag:

PB

gp001 said:
My car is deinately more show than go. I'm just waiting for a car show for primered hot rods ;)

Try a Fuddruckers restaurant on Saturday nights. Preferred parking in front, sometimes some free goodies and a fun raffle. Many types of pre 1975 cars in various stages of "completion". Nothing wrong with hot rod black primer. Just look at "Two Lane Blacktop".

Every time I drive Mrs. Zookeeper's '88 GT, I'm reminded of how little brain power and self control I have when it comes to Hi-Po cars. I've never gotten a ticket from having too nice looking a car, never had someone call me a liar or want me to prove how clean it is (as opposed to what it'll do) nor have I spent the next week (as well as next week's paycheck) fixing my car because of doing something dumb (not that I've never done anything dumb) showing off how nice my car looked. I'll stick with clean looks and so-so (still gotta go a little!) performance.

Hmmm, that's a tough one. To me "SHOW" has always been a flashy tough looking paint job with nothing under the hood, like say a 69' 6cyl sportsroof guised as a Mach 1 or Boss while "Go" has always implied a sleeper to me, like the multi colored primered cars we had in high school that had stealthy surprises under the hood waiting for challangers at the red lights. Admittedly my car has more show than go but with 300+RWHP it's certainly no slouch and can hold it's own if I ever put it to the test.

I guess I'd fall intot he "who cares" category most of all. When I lived in Texas Tang350 dragged me to a few show and shines (his nights and weekends were planned around these things god bless him) and honestly, I really did not enjoy it anywhere near as much as he did. I liked his company and all, but I hated all these folks telling me what wasn't right with my car, of which they themself had none. I bought my car for me and no one else. If they also get pleasure from it then good for them. I do love shows and will drive my car to them, but not enter them becasue I feel no need to compete. Besides it's far more fun for me to see people gather around a car out in the parking lot wondering and asking why it's not entered then to have them critique it on the otherside of the fence.

Hmky, Time to get at it then. :)

Pak, You have a point there :cheers:

Its not really a Show car, But a nice 10 footer :)

The Show is just a Road trip for fun and to get away for the weekend. :cool:

She's not CC perfect or Flashy white gloved Restomod.

At this point it's still a work in progress type but driveable.

As for those who wish to nit pik, :flame:

To Each their Own, this car is heading to be a Long Hauler.
It has to be flexable enough to do long trips, handle,Go and look good too.

PB