simple rear end question

none67

Oct 19, 2003
well i always thought my rear end was a 7.5" 2.79, open.

but the last couple of times i was turning it both wells spun. also i found the tag under all the rust and i was abel to make out "V1" what does this mean?

• Sponsors (?)

Was the whole thing WCZ-V1? Going by your name you have a 67, like me, and when I cleaned off my diff tag it was a WCZ-V1, which translates to a 8", 2.79 gear, 28 spline axles, open diff. In all the rear ends Ford made for the Mustang from 65 to 72, V1 was only used in 67 tags. Now, you said both wheels spun when you turned one, but was the one the you weren't turning going to the oppisite direction as the one you were?

-Shaun

yep, 67 coupe.
now that i think of it, the other one was going the other way, which is kinda weird because when i use to spin it only one would spin and it would make a"grinding" noice, so i fogured it was shot. From what i could make out on the tag it said "V1" then under it have about a 8-9 numbers and letters. iw ill have a better look tomorrow.

thanks.

hehe, i wish, truth is my car has been on stands since i got it (total restoraton) and i just got my learners lisence not to long ago, so no burn outs yet.

i mean when i just spin them with my hand. 90% of EVERYTHING on my baby is shot. so i figured i would just put in that pile anyway.. :(