Single Blade Throttle Body?

How much hp does a single blade throttle body add? I'm wondering if its worth cutting the intake? I can see doing if its gonna add 20+ hp.... I can't remember what I've heard on the gains....anybody here have one? What are the gains?

Does anybody besides Accufab sell them?

• Sponsors (?)

96cobra3949 said:
I felt a difference with my accufab over the BBK twin 62.Throttle response was better and it felt stronger up top.But i am supercharged.With your setup,i doubt 20 hp.Maybe 10 over the stock tb.Just mho.

Did you cut the intake yourself? Or did you have it installed somewhere? just curious on install costs....a friend says he can help me (svt certified mech) but I'm not sure if I want to...I've also heard its pretty easy

i cut the intake myself, wasn't bad at all, just shove some towls down in the manifold and go at it. i used a dremel, but used a drill bit type thingy to cut it, don't remember the name exactly, and just used the accufab gasket to outline the area that needed to be cut. now to the gains, i actually installed mine about 3 days before i got it dynoed, didn't really see anything more than 5rwhp, but that was with stock air box, even the silencer. with your car i could see a bigger gain, but i think a cold air would be better first, or very soon afterwards. you do feel a big improvement in the throttle response, i loved it, a little tap and the rpm's fly. bottom line is you'll probably see a bigger gain than me, but still not a huge increase, try the WMS cold air with 95 mm MAF first, then do the TB.

ok cool, since the cold air is on the way and you're looking for a MAF i would say go for it. don't be affraid to cut the manifold, just take your time and make sure the manifold is good and clogged with rags before youy start. im not really sure if anyone else makes a single blade, maybe billetflow??

SnakeBite98 said:
ok cool, since the cold air is on the way and you're looking for a MAF i would say go for it. don't be affraid to cut the manifold, just take your time and make sure the manifold is good and clogged with rags before youy start. im not really sure if anyone else makes a single blade, maybe billetflow??

thanks..

You said you used a Dremel? I have one but I wouldn't think it would be strong enough.. :shrug: So you left your intake on while you cut it? I don't know if I would want to leave it on while cutting..I'd be too afraid that some of the shavings would fall back even with the rags...well I guess I'll think about it some more.

Thanks for the replies...

97rioreddohc said:
thanks..

You said you used a Dremel? I have one but I wouldn't think it would be strong enough.. :shrug: So you left your intake on while you cut it? I don't know if I would want to leave it on while cutting..I'd be too afraid that some of the shavings would fall back even with the rags...well I guess I'll think about it some more.

Thanks for the replies...

The whole thing is really easy.I would take the upper off.Makes cutting a little easier as well.It took around an hour to do everything.I'm sure snakebite can attest to the ease of it.As far as a MAF goes,i used a pro m 77.I had great success with it.If you can afford it,get a chip or a custom tune.It will bring it all together nicely.