single turbo help

ms93gt

Oct 15, 2004
Bayville, NJ
Well I'm putting a t70 turbo onto my h/c/i in sig and need help with the aspect ratio. My rear end gears are 3:27, so if I get a .69 a/r than I will spool instantly. Well the dilema is, my cam is an anderson and the card says it requires 3:55-3:73 gears, would it really make a diff if I stayed with 3:27 and got the .69 a/r? I mean it would be spooling very fast so the engine would be revving just like it would with steeper gears, correct?

• Sponsors (?)

ms93gt said:
Well I'm putting a t70 turbo onto my h/c/i in sig and need help with the aspect ratio. My rear end gears are 3:27, so if I get a .69 a/r than I will spool instantly. Well the dilema is, my cam is an anderson and the card says it requires 3:55-3:73 gears, would it really make a diff if I stayed with 3:27 and got the .69 a/r? I mean it would be spooling very fast so the engine would be revving just like it would with steeper gears, correct?
theres not much difference between 327's and 355's!!I doupt you could notice.

There's a guy on here that goes by the name of Millhouse that put DIY junkyard turbo together. Hit him up and send him a link to this post. Haven't seen him around much lately so you may need to email him. He should be able to answer your questions for you.

Daggar said:
There's a guy on here that goes by the name of Millhouse that put DIY junkyard turbo together. Hit him up and send him a link to this post. Haven't seen him around much lately so you may need to email him. He should be able to answer your questions for you.

I'm always lurking...I just choose not to respond as much anymore. :D

Anyways...I've already answered his question via email the best I could, but for the sake of all others who are inquiring...I do believe the .68's are capable of block splitting horsepower. It may not be the "Ideal" choice but it will certainly get the job done. Seeing though as I NEVER trust the word of one individual...I'll direct you to this thread which give real world examples and goes into much more detail.

http://www.turbomustangs.com/smf/index.php?topic=57827.0

Enjoy :nice: