SLP's Loudmouth Exhaust

• Sponsors (?)

Anyone using SLP's Loudmouth exhaust system? Or has anyone ever heard one of these systems. Contemplating order it for my car but was looking for some feedback from owners who are using it. To loud or not loud enough? How about interior noise? Any drone, etc....

I just installed SLPs loudmouths. They are definitely loud :eek: From the inside they are pretty loud and drone at about 2k rpm. But it's not unbearable and you can still hear the radio and have a conversation with passengers. I'm just learning to stay away from the 2k rpm zone when coasting. When you floor it they sound totally wicked from the inside.

How loud from the outside? Well, if you don't like attention then don't get them. Almost everyone stares at my car now every time I start it up or drive by.

I think I'll leave them on for a while and see how it goes with time. I was hesitating between getting this system and the stingers, but decided to go with the loudest setup first, and go with something more quiet later if I wanted to, instead of starting with the more quiet setup and wondering how the loudmouth would have been.

The good thing is that these axle back systems are very easy to change. If I don't like the SLP's down the road I know that I'll be able to easily sell them and get something else.

OK, so I took my first 60 miles trip since I installed the SLP loudmouths. It was a painful trip for me. I was just glad to step out of the car when the trip was over. Simply too loud and too much drone for me. I placed an order for FRPP GTAs later in the day.

That's just my opinion of course.

OK, so I took my first 60 miles trip since I installed the SLP loudmouths. It was a painful trip for me. I was just glad to step out of the car when the trip was over. Simply too loud and too much drone for me. I placed an order for FRPP GTAs later in the day.

That's just my opinion of course.
Painfull???I drive mine 3.5 hours a day to and from work and love it. I have ZERO complaints:shrug:

I just got mine installed today, and WOW! It sounds awesome!

However, the tech had some fitment issues. He had the parts in thee right place (I visually checked), but the hangers weren't even close to lining up. He ground them all off, cut them to the right size, and welded them back on. I thought it would cost me a lot more than I expected, but he only charged me $50.

I kept the stockers, so if anyone wants to buy them, I'll post in the classifieds.

(As soon as I read the rules on posting there)

That's odd that your hangers didn't line up....I just installed mine Monday night, and the hangers lined up perfectly. The tips were even easy to get aligned correctly, something I was a little leery of because I had read of so many others having adjustment problems.

They sound great! I think I'll actually be getting better mileage now, because I'll be keeping my foot out of it more. When you go WOT with these, you'll be heard from far away! I already had one sheriff follow me all the way home after opening it up a bit on a clear stretch of road. I was doing the speed limit as I went past him, but he pulled out and matched me, turn for turn all the way to my very driveway.