Sn95 5.0 Engine Rebuild

• Sponsors (?)

dude from what you have posted your spring is still intact. Post a pic of what is laying on the ground.

In 30+ years of working on these cars, I have NEVER seen a spring pop out. In fact, you have to wrestle them out with a pry bar even after releasing the pressure from the spindle, shock, tie rod, etc.

SON OF A ... MOTHER .. PEACE OF ... . uggg OMG shes ****ing me off ... so i get in the car to go get some food and BANG .... WTH all i did was sit in the car dont even have my feet in ..... look under car and see the drivers from spring laying on the ground .... oh joy
I don't think anyone wanted a pic of the spring in the car, rather, whatever fell out onto the ground. I would think it is a lot harder to take a pic of the spring in car than to take a pic of whatever fell out. I'm confused.

Reactions: 1 user
I really have to say that this forum has some of the most helpful, considerate and (most importantly) patient members of any forum I've ever frequented. This guy would have been receiving much worse reactions inside of the first two pages on just about any other forum.

Reactions: 1 users
Just back the car up a few feet. You'll know in the first 2inches of travel if that's a good idea or not.

Did the rear spring fail? and it just happened to bounce up to the front of the car? Now I'm curious.

wile up on the tow truck i couldnt really see much but what i did see looked fine other then it looks like both front spring seem to be curving (not straight) the peaces i saw under the car was the covering for a spring - repair shop down the street will put it on rack and check it il post update when i receive it

Actually, now that I look at that picture, it does appear the bottom two coils are touching at an odd angle.

Rockauto.com sells replacement springs in pairs for $50. Should take a shop 1-2 hr tops to change it out. Hopefully they don't gouge you too badly

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
yep shes broke
IMG-5Y78hFSMl3eTIzSrpt4Fq[1].jpg

Clearly not rust related. That would be due to a manufacturing defect in the spring on the day it was made. Over time, the spring fatigued as it was cycled and yesterday was the lucky day.