SN95 6-disk in a fox?

• Sponsors (?)

Ok..for plugs for the back of the Mach 460, metra 71-5700 is what you want to order. Saves me from junkyard hopping in the middle of a snowy winter.

So, I ordered the dd kit and the wiring harness setup. Just gotta grab my amp and see what I can do now

C'mon 5L5 I'm getting anxious, you should have had this mod done last week!!

:D

Just waiting on parts.

DD mount kit and wiring plugs should be in this week. Just gotta pick up my 4-channel amp and a few spare test speakers and build a bench setup to see if it works.

I couldn't do much this weekend because I was replacing a rear wheel bearing on an '03 Explorer, and Sunday I went to the Patriots-Jets game to see the Pats get embarrassed by the damn Jets :(

Still waiting. DD kit should be here tomorrow. First thing I'll do is see if it fits and mount the radio up. Then you guys can get a feel for looks.

Wiring plugs haven't shipped yet...WTF

Still waiting. DD kit should be here tomorrow. First thing I'll do is see if it fits and mount the radio up. Then you guys can get a feel for looks.

Wiring plugs haven't shipped yet...WTF

Can't wait to see the progress. I need to trek thru the snow and ice tomm so I can hunt for a DD out of a Sn car

Metra 95-5025 kit came in.

attachment.php

Can already see an issue. The slot is not wide enough. The height is correct, but i need to open up the space with a dremel.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC00057.jpg
    DSC00057.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 272
  • DSC00058.jpg
    DSC00058.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 279
When i trim the opening a little, it's going to take the face of the headunit right to the screw holes. It might not be a bad thing though, as there is a little lip that runs all around the radio. It might seat against the console's opening and the metra kit will sandwich it in place leaving a solid mount...i hope.

Gotta go to the car and do some test fitting before trimming anything first.

attachment.php

Also, you can see the two mount brackets that need to be removed. They come off easily.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC00059.jpg
    DSC00059.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 264
  • DSC00060.jpg
    DSC00060.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 266
Still waiting on the wiring harness to show up, and gotta go pick up my amp. Gonna pull the rear speakers out for testing as well and I have two 3.5" dash speakers i want to use off the head unit in addition to the doors and rear off the amp. Goal is to have 6 speakers powered. But lets see how this thing mounts and how good it looks before tackleing the wiring issues.

wow tons of work for a stock HU, at least when you do something it looks like the factory did it so it will look good but i dont know why you would do that for 240 bux you can get a touch screen double din pioneer gps with bluetooth

keep trucking, maybe you can figure out how to get a stock 2005 air intake installed next

Are all the CD6 decks external amp?? I picked one up today at the yard, I had to trek thru the snow, found one in a exploder, I got back with it and the harness, they ended up giving it to me which was a plus :D

I forgot to even see what year model it was from, now I gotta figure out which wires are which, anyone have any suggestions