SN95 brakes quick question

• Sponsors (?)

You need three spacers for each side. I used two on each side for both my old notchbacks. It could have used three though. Get the gold hardened washers from Lowes, not the regular silver ones.

There is nothing wrong with doing it this way. But, if your ball joints are loose and wiggle all around, buy new SN95 ball joints and replace them. You have a nice car so why not make everything newer?

For the passenger side female end of the brake hose is too small to go around the male end of the hard brake line on the car. You need a union that is 3/8" female end and a 1/4" male end to make it fit. It will only cost you a couple dollars.

better then the fox body crap. plans for my car is to see alot of corners this summer so i need better brakes. hence the reason to sn95 brakes. then when i come across some cobra calibers or like your said the PBR calibers ill snag them up. turbocoupe rear disk's are whats next though. my buddy has stock front brakes and then a turbocoupe rear and wow what a difference.

sorry dude but if you want your car to handle the corners at all your gonna need to upgade ALOT more than the brakes alone, hell the brakes arent gonna keep you from flying off of cliffs in the canyons, only slow you down before you go over the edge.

Corners??? uh-oh. You better get some polyurethane sway bar bushings and end links too. EVERY single fox I had seen has blown out rubber bushings since they are so old now. I replaced them in my black notch and in Hack Job. The black notch I had a before and after to compare and it did handle slightly stiffer. There was almost nothing left on the drivers side bushings...lol

BTW..V8 convertibles have huge factory sway bars. I wouldn't bother wasting my time on an aftermarket one. The V8 convertable bars are solid steel. They are like 1-1/6" or 1-1/8" thick. 50resto had the bushings in stock. I measured it with an open end of a Craftsman wrench. Worked perfectly.

Get some Strange 10ways too.

Corners??? uh-oh. You better get some polyurethane sway bar bushings and end links too. EVERY single fox I had seen has blown out rubber bushings since they are so old now. I replaced them in my black notch and in Hack Job. The black notch I had a before and after to compare and it did handle slightly stiffer. There was almost nothing left on the drivers side bushings...lol

BTW..V8 convertibles have huge factory sway bars. I wouldn't bother wasting my time on an aftermarket one. The V8 convertable bars are solid steel. They are like 1-1/6" or 1-1/8" thick. 50resto had the bushings in stock. I measured it with an open end of a Craftsman wrench. Worked perfectly.

or you could try my setup out, seems to handle well :)

sorry dude but if you want your car to handle the corners at all your gonna need to upgade ALOT more than the brakes alone, hell the brakes arent gonna keep you from flying off of cliffs in the canyons, only slow you down before you go over the edge.

its autocross. not road racing. speeds of 50-60mph on the stights. corners 35ish. i got other things planed to do worry. one thing at a time.

already got the new end links on. bushing for sure. any other recomendations?

either way i dont NEED new bal joints. ill do like others have donw with the 5/8's washers stacked .330 high.

I'll be honest with you Ryan. Do not be afraid to change ball joints. I did in my project and it was not bad at all. If you wanted or considered swapping to the sn95 ball joints let me know and i'll hit you with a PM of how i did it etc. :nice:

I'll be honest with you Ryan. Do not be afraid to change ball joints. I did in my project and it was not bad at all. If you wanted or considered swapping to the sn95 ball joints let me know and i'll hit you with a PM of how i did it etc. :nice:

i did them on a feinds 95 v6 mustang last week. its just not needed and they dont fit the fox lower arms the best.

Recommendations for suspension?

Front:

Strange struts.

IMO caster/camber plates are not necessary on anything that is not coil over. I wouldn't wast my money. You can get all new upper strut mountings and bushings for 19.99 per side at Mustang Parts & Accessories - 50resto I've had some low Mustangs with big tires and wheels and I have NEVER had uneven wear...so I kept all the stock caster/camber plates. Just get a wheel alignment from a shop that knows what they are doing.

MM steering shaft for sure. The stock rubber rag joint on the stockers are always rotted out and sloppy.

It's prolly too late to swap in new LCA bushings up front. You already did springs, and you don't want to do ball joints, so I wouldn't waste my time taking that all apart then. Your car has low mileage right?

Rear:

UCA and LCA, Strang shocks, SN95 V8 or Cobra rear sway bar.

its just not needed and they dont fit the fox lower arms the best.

I'm sorry but this is wrong. Also, I don't understand the thinking. Your gonna change ball joints anyways? Why not get the the upgraded "lower friction" ball joints for 96+ and not have to worry about the spacers(it's like a 5-minute process and they fit fine). It would be different if your not going to change ball joints. Also I would upgrade the worn out a-arm rubber bushings. Your also planning to race this car with this type of attitude. Good luck keeping the car together and the parts stores are gonna love you. Not trying to attack you, you might want to adjust the way you think about things. Most will find it is better to take a little more time, a little more exspense to do it right once and not do it wrong multiple times. jmho.

i did them on a feinds 95 v6 mustang last week. its just not needed and they dont fit the fox lower arms the best.

I disagree.. Installing the proper ball joints is better all around.. especially if you are auto x'ing it.. And they fit the fox lower arms perfect i just did it in september.

I'm sorry but this is wrong. Also, I don't understand the thinking. Your gonna change ball joints anyways? Why not get the the upgraded "lower friction" ball joints for 96+ and not have to worry about the spacers(it's like a 5-minute process and they fit fine). It would be different if your not going to change ball joints. Also I would upgrade the worn out a-arm rubber bushings. Your also planning to race this car with this type of attitude. Good luck keeping the car together and the parts stores are gonna love you. Not trying to attack you, you might want to adjust the way you think about things. Most will find it is better to take a little more time, a little more exspense to do it right once and not do it wrong multiple times. jmho.

:stupid: