SN95 caliper brackets for Granada spindle

• Sponsors (?)

Just another throwout, is there a rotor closer to 12" diam that be useable for this app. Almost have to have 17'wheels for a 13'. I wouldent mind somthing for 16"'s. Prolly not enough demand, to develop.
Heck, I'm happy reducing the unsprung weight , as I use <480 Progressives.

bnickle, didja, ever check the answer to "what was that about anyway, i don't even remember"?? Heh heh, no worries

just looking at the specs of it, a 72 T-bird front rotor looks like it would work, it even uses the same bearings as a 70 stang too. it's about 1.25" wide so pads for the PBR calipers shouldn't be a problem either

A 12" rotor would make the lower caliper bolt tough. That hole lines up with the Granda spindle lower caliper hole. If you move the caliper out 1/2", it would not line up.

yes i know. Tubo was asking about a 12" rotor that would work on the spindle and that one looks like it will work. i'd be more inclined to use it with the dropped spindle (drum type spindle) and a PBR caliper than the granada spindle personally.

Ok, so I'm a little confused now... Seems like Degins is working on a bracket to let the PBR caliper bolt up to the Granada spindle for use with the Granada rotor. I think I'm clear on that.

It also seems that others are trying to use a larger rotor and wondering how much work it would involve. Is that right? And you're looking for a 13" rotor to fit the granada spindle and use a PBR or Cobra caliper??

Ok, so I'm a little confused now... Seems like Degins is working on a bracket to let the PBR caliper bolt up to the Granada spindle for use with the Granada rotor. I think I'm clear on that.

It also seems that others are trying to use a larger rotor and wondering how much work it would involve. Is that right? And you're looking for a 13" rotor to fit the granada spindle and use a PBR or Cobra caliper??

i think that's about right, it may not be relevant to the specific bracket that Degins is making but it is a viable question.

the 13" cobra rotor and caliper on a granada spindle has been done before, though. do a search and you will find that info, i'm not sure the person who built it wants me putting his name in this thread and i'm not sure it would be fair to degins to do so in this thread but you wil find it in a search.

personally, i would rather just use the stock size rotor and the pbr caliper with the bracket that Degins is making

I have not seen a finished product. The issue of moving the caliper so far outboard of the mounting point was a concern. I don't think the project went ahead. I would not run one like that. The cliper needs to stay close to the spindle IMO. The rotor should be moved to the caliper, not the caliper moved to the rotor.

I have not seen a finished product. The issue of moving the caliper so far outboard of the mounting point was a concern. I don't think the project went ahead. I would not run one like that. The cliper needs to stay close to the spindle IMO. The rotor should be moved to the caliper, not the caliper moved to the rotor.

i think the one he made for himself is done but i don't know if he decided to go forward with it or not, don't even know if he's going to use the prototype on his car or not.

... personally, i would rather just use the stock size rotor and the pbr caliper with the bracket that Degins is making
I concur. I suspect that if I pursue the use of the cobra caliper, it will be more likely that I employ it on the drop spindle. Below, I have posted a pic of the modified bracket alongside the original.

I concur. I suspect that if I pursue the use of the cobra caliper, it will be more likely that I employ it on the drop spindle. Below, I have posted a pic of the modified bracket alongside the original.

i don't know, i still like the idea of the V6/GT 2 piston PBR even on the drop spindle, there are plenty of other cobra disc conversions on the market

hi Dennis, was just wondering what kind of progress you've made with these PBR brackets? i know you're at SEMA right now so you don't have to reply until you gte back if you don't have time. i just remembered this thread and was wondering about it so i decided to post before i forgot about it.