so i beat a 2000 gt.

• Sponsors (?)

5spd GT said:
I had literally every single mod you had, plus the electric fan. The 00 GT I had still trapped 1mph faster. The 00 GT was my first 5spd I had ever drove.

And how did you determine it trapped 1mph faster?

At the track,the exact same day with both cars and making each run the same?

Doubt it.

payupsucka said:
i kill pi gts not to mention non terminator cobras are my bitch.

ok dumb question, but what the hell does PI stand for:shrug: I have read this entire tread and cant figure it out:mad: :bang:

I would like to try a 99 to current GT @ the track just to see. My friends wife has a 05GT convt and he states he gets it in the low 9's. He's got a 86GT with some mods and he's getting in the high 8's. Mine was the low 9's----9.3 to be exact. Thats in the 1/8th of course.
Again what is PI

Foxfan88 said:
I think the newer 4.6s and the 05s are overrated not the terminators though lol

i have beat a 99 cobra on the street b4, also whooped up on an 05 gt at the track.

You got lucky on the 05 one... My brothers bone stock 06, with a heavier than stock hood, on a muggy day with a headwind went 13.9 with two passengers. Altitude corrected says 13.6, and that doesnt take into account the headwind and extra 110 lbs (my sister isnt that heavy). Oh yeah that was my dads first and only pass in the car. My brother even went 14.1 and he has never seen a drag strip in his life, and has only been driving stick a little while! An 05-06 GT bone stock will run into the mid 13s, and I 100% plan to have solid timeslips from this fall to prove it! :D

RUNINAGT said:
ok dumb question, but what the hell does PI stand for:shrug: I have read this entire tread and cant figure it out:mad: :bang:

I would like to try a 99 to current GT @ the track just to see. My friends wife has a 05GT convt and he states he gets it in the low 9's. He's got a 86GT with some mods and he's getting in the high 8's. Mine was the low 9's----9.3 to be exact. Thats in the 1/8th of course.
Again what is PI

PI stands for Performance Improved. The cars represented are the '99-'04 mustangs. The '96-'98 mustangs were considered non PI because they had seriously restrictive and sometimes leaky intake and lower lift cams. The difference in hp between the years is significant - 215(225 for some) compared to 260(PI).

in addition to this explanation and back on the topic at hand - everyone thinks that their car or engine is superior. just like everyone that has a mac will tell you it is better than a windows box. it's all a matter of perspective. one thing is clear to me - 5.0's are much cheaper and more fun to work on than the 4.6 counterparts. only big drawback from my perspective is the worse interior and stock drivetrain - brakes, suspension...which can of course be modified.

25thmustang said:
You got lucky on the 05 one... My brothers bone stock 06, with a heavier than stock hood, on a muggy day with a headwind went 13.9 with two passengers. Altitude corrected says 13.6, and that doesnt take into account the headwind and extra 110 lbs (my sister isnt that heavy). Oh yeah that was my dads first and only pass in the car. My brother even went 14.1 and he has never seen a drag strip in his life, and has only been driving stick a little while! An 05-06 GT bone stock will run into the mid 13s, and I 100% plan to have solid timeslips from this fall to prove it! :D

i think the 05 was on street tires. it ran like a 14.3 it was a stickshift. i had drag radials so i had the upperhand.

i think the newer PI cars will run good and fast. But i have beaten a few of them on the street. your average joe schmo who buys it as a toy, doesnt really modify it and cant really drive very well. not saying EVERYONE, but there are more joe schmos driving the newer cars than the old 5 liters..

us 5.0 guys are constantly working and fine tuning our cars, and constantly trying to perfect our driving.

so i think alot of 5.0 guys can outdrive the newer cars. 5.0s are underrated i think. I rode in a nice 03 roush stang. supposed to be super fast and i bet it is pretty quick and would trap decent times better than mine. I was expecting it to slam me in the seat. The power was smoother and the car revved higher, honestly my car felt much more torquey and seemed like my stand had more down low. but i think the roush would have had much more in the top end, say in 3rd and 4th gear.

all it takes is a set of gears, some bolt ons and some driving practice and the 5.0 are pretty peppy on the street.

Foxfan88 said:
I think the newer 4.6s and the 05s are overrated not the terminators though lol

i have beat a 99 cobra on the street b4, also whooped up on an 05 gt at the track.

they make more HP up higher and must rev high to get moving, by the time they get moving, the 5.0 is already making gobs of torque and as jumped ahead.

the PI driver then goes " WTF NO WAY" then loses concentration...misses his next shift. says "damn" and tries to play it off like it was no biggie. stops paying attention to the road and then hits a woman pushing a baby carrige, when the PI driver thought he had just ****ED UP, he then realized an assload of aluminum cans all over the road. then the 5.0 driver comes back and says haha and does a smokey burnout and drives off into the distance, and hits a telephone pole. DAMN

That is one hell of an imagination you have there. LMAO:rlaugh:

Foxfan88 said:
i think the 05 was on street tires. it ran like a 14.3 it was a stickshift. i had drag radials so i had the upperhand.

Well either way, my brothers is probably slower than stock, had a passenger, a 2.0 60' on stock tires, and was run in extremely warm bad conditions. You can beat some of them when driven poorly, but to call them over rated is wrong. Personally a car that can do a mid 13 stock isnt that over rated!

Hey even my brother isnt a great driver and went 14.1 in the crap conditions, again with a slower than stock car!

PI cars are fun and very solid, something you can hammer on from the turn of the key until you park it at your destination. However, when it comes to modding/adding ponies/shaving track times it becomes very expensive and frustrating. That is where the 5.0 comes into play. Tried and true torque boxes lacking a little horsepower but with lots of potential where the average joe can turn it into a car to be reckoned with.

After purchasing/researching aftermarket parts for my PI, it is a breath of fresh air coming to the world of the 5.0 . Parts readily available and proven, H/C/I swaps actually making a difference in power/times, etc. Now don't get me wrong- modulars respond well to blowers and nitrous, but so do Hondas.

bluevenom867 said:
And how did you determine it trapped 1mph faster?

At the track,the exact same day with both cars and making each run the same?

Doubt it.

I took the fastest time from the cars from the many, many, many times I raced it. Laws of probability did the rest...

I consistently was trapping 1 (+/- .2) faster.