so i beat a 2000 gt.

pistonhead351

flim hunter
May 1, 2005
raced from a stop. my right tire got in the gravel and i lost a little land but i still beat him by 2 cars. it was a pretty cool race. i got a video ill see if i can get it downloaded. it was cool to see what my car was capable of doing against a pi gt. now i know my car is capable of mid to high 13's.

• Sponsors (?)

It depends on the driver on what times you could get. That could have been a 15 second driver and you might be a mid-high 14 second driver.

The 99+'s will trap probably higher than you. A roll race will show a different outcome than two cars.

Good race, sounds about right:)

Roll race wont show anything different if the GT is stock but then again the 5.0 does have 3.73's which dont exactly help from a roll with his combo, so hard to say.

My friend has similar mods as you but 3.08's and will take out a 99-04 with exhuast and filter pretty easily from a 40 hit.

pistonhead351 said:
now i know my car is capable of mid to high 13's.

That's a poor way of judging how fast your car is. The local civic buys do the same thing. They read the mags, see that the fastest possible time is for a certain car and if they beat it they automatically assume it was a perfect run.

PI GT's do run low 14's to 14.0...but for every 14.0 pass i've seen by a stock PI GT i've also seen several 14.8 passes by other poorer drivers.

How do you know if that GT was running a 14.0 or a 14.8?

If you really want to know what your car can do take it to the track :shrug:

5spd GT said:
It depends on the driver on what times you could get. That could have been a 15 second driver and you might be a mid-high 14 second driver.

The 99+'s will trap probably higher than you. A roll race will show a different outcome than two cars.

Good race, sounds about right:)

Let's go another round... How fast are those damned PI cars again? They make 260 at the crank? Woopdy doo... You don't think that after pullies, electric fan, TFS intake (with the tb and MAF), and full exhaust is going to be enough to pull out a win over a stock 99+ GT? According to Ford your precious 4.6 made similar torque and only 35 hp more than the 5.0 did. On the dyno, 5.0s ranged from 185 rwhp to 200 rwhp stone stock. The 4.6? 220-230 rwhp. What was the weight difference, a couple hundred pounds?

You must be confusing the foxbody with civics... You really think they're turds, don't you? This race should not be an issue, even for you. The win is clearly going to go to the LX. What did I trap in my fox with just timing, a flat panel K&N, and glass-pack mufflers? 98 mph... What do the PI GTs run? 97-99 mph stock.

It irritates the hell out of me seeing you post in every one of these threads for years "thats not how the race should've gone." You're never going to accept it...

Chris

FastDriver said:
Let's go another round... How fast are those damned PI cars again? They make 260 at the crank? Woopdy doo... You don't think that after pullies, electric fan, TFS intake (with the tb and MAF), and full exhaust is going to be enough to pull out a win over a stock 99+ GT? According to Ford your precious 4.6 made similar torque and only 35 hp more than the 5.0 did. On the dyno, 5.0s ranged from 185 rwhp to 200 rwhp stone stock. The 4.6? 220-230 rwhp. What was the weight difference, a couple hundred pounds?

You must be confusing the foxbody with civics... You really think they're turds, don't you? This race should not be an issue, even for you. The win is clearly going to go to the LX. What did I trap in my fox with just timing, a flat panel K&N, and glass-pack mufflers? 98 mph... What do the PI GTs run? 97-99 mph stock.

It irritates the hell out of me seeing you post in every one of these threads for years "thats not how the race should've gone." You're never going to accept it...

Chris

Fast Driver has dropped the elbow on the correct

i just sold my 01 4.6 auto........it seemed as though I was being pulled on by nearly any race I would deem worthy, especially from a roll. It ran 14.1(after mods) at the track (12.7 w/125 shot) and was just too friggin hard to make it fast without having a PILE of money.

I'm paying on a 90 lx with 4.10's, t5, longtubes, cai right now, expecting to pick it up in a month. I'm assuming it will hang with a PI car?

Is it reasonable to think I can hang with stock/mild bolt-on LS1 after H/C/I (twisted wedge)??

by the way congrats on da WIN!!:nice:

oh, BTW..... dynoed 203/237 stock on mustang dyno...PATHETIC!!!

Absolutely. My AFR/Cobra/FTI combo always ran away from LS1s from a stop or a roll even with 4.10s. I made 320 rwhp. Most TFS combos make in the 290-300 rwhp range. You should be able to outrun LS1s with a good tune a good driving.

The way you pick your car up, you won't have an issue with the PI cars from a stop. It'll be closer from a roll, if you've got a notch LX and the tune (read timing) is set, you've got a good chance at pulling it out, IMO.

Good luck and have fun,

Chris