so i beat a 2000 gt.

Just an interesting obsevation i have witnessed from spending so much time in both the 4.6 and 5.0 forums.

In the 5.0 forums, 4.6's are overrated, pathetic and easily beaten.

In the 4.6 forums, 5.0's are overrated, pathetic and easily beaten.

Seriously, sometimes these threads are just mirror images of each other in the different forums.

• Sponsors (?)

Mustang5L5 said:
Just an interesting obsevation i have witnessed from spending so much time in both the 4.6 and 5.0 forums.

In the 5.0 forums, 4.6's are overrated, pathetic and easily beaten.

In the 4.6 forums, 5.0's are overrated, pathetic and easily beaten.

Seriously, sometimes these threads are just mirror images of each other in the different forums.
Hence this:
http://forums.stangnet.com/showpost.php?p=6272389&postcount=18

FastDriver said:
Let's go another round... How fast are those damned PI cars again? They make 260 at the crank? Woopdy doo... You don't think that after pullies, electric fan, TFS intake (with the tb and MAF), and full exhaust is going to be enough to pull out a win over a stock 99+ GT? According to Ford your precious 4.6 made similar torque and only 35 hp more than the 5.0 did. On the dyno, 5.0s ranged from 185 rwhp to 200 rwhp stone stock. The 4.6? 220-230 rwhp. What was the weight difference, a couple hundred pounds?

You must be confusing the foxbody with civics... You really think they're turds, don't you? This race should not be an issue, even for you. The win is clearly going to go to the LX. What did I trap in my fox with just timing, a flat panel K&N, and glass-pack mufflers? 98 mph... What do the PI GTs run? 97-99 mph stock.

It irritates the hell out of me seeing you post in every one of these threads for years "thats not how the race should've gone." You're never going to accept it...

Chris

You should investigate the "5.0 vs 4.6 Who Will win?" thread in the 4.6 Talk area. May have to look it up. I tried and was overwhelmed. :nonono:

Ha yeah, there are just so many of those threads it really is pointless.

I usually find when i am in the 5.0 forums i am defending the 4.6...but when i'm in the 4.6 forums and they start talking about the 5.0, i am the one defending the 5.0's over there.

I guess i have a good sense of their capabilities owning one of each at the same time.

I like the argument "the '04 V6 will beat a stock 5.0".

That kills me everytime...

"they have alot more torque!"

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA.......no

"Well maybe the '04 won't but the '06 V6 sure will!"

HAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAAAA.......HUH?!

For real, I hear it alot. :nonono:

Im not kidding...

One of these days I'm gonna put my two cars up against each other (for pinks. lmao) so as to prove the above statements are utter BULL****.. :rolleyes:

Strype said:
You should investigate the "5.0 vs 4.6 Who Will win?" thread in the 4.6 Talk area. May have to look it up. I tried and was overwhelmed. :nonono:

I always figured we were on the same team. :shrug: We all obviously love mustangs...and no matter what you do, there is always another car that is faster than you whether it be a 5.0 or a 4.6 or a 5.4 or what have you.

Speeds8erM-1 said:
Roll race wont show anything different if the GT is stock but then again the 5.0 does have 3.73's which dont exactly help from a roll with his combo, so hard to say.

My friend has similar mods as you but 3.08's and will take out a 99-04 with exhuast and filter pretty easily from a 40 hit.

Yes it will. Look at the trap speeds.

5spd GT said:
Yes it will. Look at the trap speeds.

My friend's Notch runs 82.56 in the 1/8 bogging with a stock maf, wont find a stock PI car that has ever done that in the same area in the same weather.

The guy that started this thread has similar mods, only thing is those 3.73's are probably not helping from a roll unless he went from his area and the GT owner was dumb enough to go along with it but still. I can see his setup beating a stock PI car down without a problem.

I think the newer 4.6s and the 05s are overrated not the terminators though lol

i have beat a 99 cobra on the street b4, also whooped up on an 05 gt at the track.

they make more HP up higher and must rev high to get moving, by the time they get moving, the 5.0 is already making gobs of torque and as jumped ahead.

the PI driver then goes " WTF NO WAY" then loses concentration...misses his next shift. says "damn" and tries to play it off like it was no biggie. stops paying attention to the road and then hits a woman pushing a baby carrige, when the PI driver thought he had just ****ED UP, he then realized an assload of aluminum cans all over the road. then the 5.0 driver comes back and says haha and does a smokey burnout and drives off into the distance, and hits a telephone pole. DAMN

Foxfan88 said:
the PI driver then goes " WTF NO WAY" then loses concentration...misses his next shift. says "damn" and tries to play it off like it was no biggie. stops paying attention to the road and then hits a woman pushing a baby carrige, when the PI driver thought he had just ****ED UP, he then realized an assload of aluminum cans all over the road. then the 5.0 driver comes back and says haha and does a smokey burnout and drives off into the distance, and hits a telephone pole. DAMN

:lol:

Can't say that's ever happened to me

Speeds8erM-1 said:
My friend's Notch runs 82.56 in the 1/8 bogging with a stock maf, wont find a stock PI car that has ever done that in the same area in the same weather.

The guy that started this thread has similar mods, only thing is those 3.73's are probably not helping from a roll unless he went from his area and the GT owner was dumb enough to go along with it but still. I can see his setup beating a stock PI car down without a problem.

This 5.0L in this thread will not run that.

Beating it with no problem?

:rlaugh:

I wish I was included in that race. Driving the PI car.