So Sad.....

50FoxBodyGT

Aug 24, 2006
Memphis
Yesterday after work when I went out into the parking lot there was a big ol' puddle under the foxbody. I stuck my finger in it only to find what I dredded most: motor oil. A quick inspection under the car revealed the culprit. Something inside the oil pan hit the oil pan wall and put a big dent from the inside. It created a little pin-hole leak in the pan. I put some oil in her and drove home. It ran fine. I unbolted the oil pan in my driveway but can't get it out from between the engine and k member. I tried unbolting the motor and trans mounts and lifted the engine a couple inches up but still can't get the oil pan off to see what's inside. And now the oil pan gasket has fallen off and into the oil pan somewhere so I can't even just put it back together and take it to a shop. I've only driven the car 3 times since putting this engine in and now this...... :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

Loosen the motor mounts from the k member completely....jack the motor up, get 2 pieces of a 4x4 (wood, not a truck) and rest the motor back down on them. that should give you enough clearance to get the pan off. my guess would be either a pushrod or something.. i dont see you throwing a rod and driving it home fine.

Would it drive missing a pushrod? I'm sure it's not a rod. A rod would have gone right through the oil pan. I took the motor/trans mount bolts off and raised the motor but still can't get the pan off. When I get home today I'm going to disconnect the trans and lift the engine as high as I can without having to disconnect all my lines and stuff. I really don't want to have to drain the radiator and power steering and stuff all over again.

352Ford2 said:
Piston rod? LOL

anyways I have seen main caps split and throw chucks around, but the the motor still run great.

I agree with this analysis, If you drop a main cap the motor will keep running fine for a while aside from it flying around in there and denting stuff up as what happened here.

dented oil pans ftl, i wish i had pics of the sprint car motor i grenaded, it was on the pavment and when it blew it shot like a ten foot flame out the pipes, and broke the block, there was so many parts that broke it beat the skirts of the pistions, chevy's anyway, it brike every thing, all that was left was the heads and intake, and the heads needed a valve job