Some Pictures form a car show last weekend.

Killercanary said:
I wondered the same thing... where do they go from here???

^ Idk I mean I dont see any reason they cant make a new body style...keep in mind this could be 10-20 years down the road but still I mean they dont HAVE to keep going retro:shrug: :cheers:

• Sponsors (?)

Ford is not staying retro guys. Get used to the grill on the Fusion, Ford plans to use the 3 bar grill as "their" look. I'm not saying I think that's great, but they need to do it right.

Ford also just recently changed their company policy on styling. Ford would design the outside of the car around interior and engine contraints. They finally realized that they need to have a car that looks good, something people want to be seen in, not just something comfortable to be in and easy to work on. Examples: Designers were hamstrung by demands to have 5mph bumpers that show no damage, now designers will be able to make wraparound bumpers that are more attractive, Ford also used to require that 50% of air from the HVAC system had to go to the lap, which forced the vents to stick out vertically, now they'll be able to make more aesthetically pleasing instrument panels.

On the Ford Fusion being a Mazda 6.....the Fusion is somehow like 5% stiffer than the Mazda 6, but yes, thank god, it's based on the Mazda 6, which is Ford anyway...:)

Finally, I believe the name for the Ford 500 was picked up from the Galaxy 500. So I don't expect to see a Galaxy anytime soon. ;)

hehe, reverse. i definately plan on keeping the sn95... especially after these next couple of semesters that im going to putting some serious cash into it.

an import for a dd is a good idea. i wouldn't mind driving around a nice little celica to school and back--i drove my friend's gt around for a day, then when i got home, my mustang seemed like a freakin monster.... god, i love the torque.

Lyncher said:
^ Idk I mean I dont see any reason they cant make a new body style...keep in mind this could be 10-20 years down the road but still I mean they dont HAVE to keep going retro:shrug: :cheers:

Hopefully its just 4 or 5 years until a new model.

Is it me or does the Fusion scream FOCUS XL?! lol Maybe its just me. :shrug:

I think they should build that prototype they had in the early 90's lol....

93ford_mustang_mach3_3.jpg

Mach_3.jpg

Mustang%20Mach%203.jpg

:banana:

Attachments

• 93ford_mustang_mach3_3.jpg
    93ford_mustang_mach3_3.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 64
  • Mach_3.jpg
    Mach_3.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 59
DougNuts said:
Ford is not staying retro guys. Get used to the grill on the Fusion, Ford plans to use the 3 bar grill as "their" look. I'm not saying I think that's great, but they need to do it right.

Dear LORD!
Not another company BENT on designing their cars around a grill...
no more pontiac!! No More Pontiac!!
I can't STAND how they still have the same crap grill on every single one of their cars, from 69 all the way to 2010... from minivans, to their new solstice (which i like minus their dumbass grill)... I think it will kill a car company to make them all look the same. I'm still astonished dodge gets away with it.

You did write many more interesting things in there Dougnuts, none of which I quoted you on, but i think it will be interesting to see at least now, ford being a bit more creative with their styles. How did you come by this information anyway? Really... this is going to change things drastically from here.

ps: i still like the 94-98 stangs the best [in style].

there are a few similarities between the mach 3 concept and the sn95. it's cool that the mach3 holds true to the very first concept mustang, too.

i definately plan on getting a 2005 body style sometime in my life just because it looks like the old but has new technology. i'd also like, though, a new mustang that keeps the evolution of the car going forward.

Caldwell said:
from minivans, to their new solstice (which i like minus their dumbass grill)[in style].

Then check out the Staurn Sky. I think it will be released early next year. It's based on the Solstice .... I LOVE THAT CAR!!! But kinda the same deal ..... a typical Saturn grille.

SeventyMach1 said:
Then check out the Staurn Sky. I think it will be released early next year. It's based on the Solstice .... I LOVE THAT CAR!!! But kinda the same deal ..... a typical Saturn grille.

Hmm...
I saw the concept for the Sky... it looks incredible, kudos for their design, but I need to see one in physical reality before I decide to dump my car for one. It's a saturn... *shudders*

how good can it be?
I dunno.

SKY_scenic2.jpg

solstice06_09_1024.jpg

After careful view
I believe I like the solstice better.
It just needs a new front bumper... insert body kit here.

Caldwell said:
Dear LORD!
You did write many more interesting things in there Dougnuts, none of which I quoted you on, but i think it will be interesting to see at least now, ford being a bit more creative with their styles. How did you come by this information anyway? Really...

I work in the automotive industry so we get a couple weekly magazines that keep me up to date.