someday car

jlangholzj

Mustang Master
Oct 23, 2006
CLT
granted, i'm no chip foose, but here's a drawing i threw together the other day.

69 FB
note the tail-light conversion
lol, and i haven't come up with any wheels for it yet.

scan0001.jpg

Black would be my color of choice
this is where that 351 C would go that i want
5 spd. auto.
something like 265/50r16 's in the rear
3.7 gears
1" drop in the front

what do you guys think??

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 89
  • Sponsors (?)

thanks!!

the 69's are really a funny year. there's no doubt that they looks muscly, but not so but end heavy. I really do want to make this car someday, and that 67 gt tailight mod will take out the only thing i dislike about the 69's, those ugly lights!

Nice drawing :)

I find it funny how many people have their ideal "dream" year, yet they another year. '67 is my dream yet I couldn't pass up the deal on my '66.

'69 is a great year, so tough and brute looking. I think your taillight mod would really finish it off nicely though, those original taillights leave something to be desired.

That's true. My favorite body style is 69 FB, yet I also have a 68 Coupe. It was my first Mustang, and many have came and gone since, but the 68 stays, no matter what.

My 68 has huge sentimental value to me. It used to belong to my brother when it was an I6 #sp, and I was young and impressionable (probably 13-15 yrs old when he had it), so it was THE Mustang that got me into Mustangs, and made me a car guy in general. That ONE car, and I'm actually lucky enough to own it now. I wouldn't trade it for the fastest, or the rarest, or the most expensive Mustang in the world.

I agree on the '69 tail lights, not my favorite. I like the idea of using the '67 shelby lights because the '69/70 shelby light conversion places the license plate over the gas filler cap.

I don't like this for a couple of reasons: 1) the original gas cap looks great where it is, 2) the license plate is a pain when filling the tank, 3) the license plate lamps are cheap and look like sh** and 4) it leaves the recess in the rear bumper where the plate should be. :(

I have this conversion on my '70 and plan on replacing it with the original lights. I actually like the '70 tail lights and plan on powder coating the bezels black and blacking out the whole panel as well (some day).

Good luck with your planning and eventual build!:nice:

i got the idea when I was studying the years, like i said earlier, the 69's were a weird year. I noticed that the curvature of the panel fit that of a 67-68 pretty darn close. since it seems that nobody likes the 69 lights...

this probally won't happen untill im in my 40's, and prefeably, because of the mods i want to do, it would be nice to find one in less than perfect shape. sure a solid base is nice, but to find one like my 68 and chop into it....:puke: I'll leave one in that good of shape for someone who wants to resotre it.