Someone tried to break into my 00 GT - Had some questions!

In my opinion, the best thing you can do for auto theft is to carry great insurance with the smallest deductable possible. Anything that is smashed, bent, dent or stolen can be replaced. Sure it's a PITA, but it's one of the best options out there.

• Sponsors (?)

Ugh.. I go to get in my car this morning and notice someone tried to break in last night, (Picture below is self explanatory, even scratched the door tint) The problem is I don't have a garage to put the car in at night..

It seems weird to me that when you lock the doors with the remote you can still unlock the doors from the inside? So if someone manages to get a hanger or whatever through the weather stripping they can still unlock the door?!? What would be my best course of action here? lol ..

I have a feeling they'll be back :shrug:

Sucks for you man. Everyone has been saying great things. Make sure you get a good alarm that goes off when someone opens the door or presses the unlock button from the inside. Get an alarm that you can distinguish as your car and park your car as close as you can to where you sleep. Also a blinking LED light when the alarm is on can deter some people. Take your faceplate off your sound system and keep your car in a well lit place. Consider moving to a place that has a garage for your stang.

Also need to move to a state where you have "stand your ground" laws and protect your stang from retards. :D:flag: (In Texas if someone was putting a screwdriver through my stang's door- shoot first, ask later.)
Castle Doctrine in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't even know if tasers are legal here in FL either. I know I could that with my CCP I can carry a 'stun gun'. not sure how much different it is from a taser but I don't carry one anyway.I carry a "glockenschpiel" as you mentioned... lol I will look into a stun gun though as a 'non deadly force' carry option as they are legal down here.
ok, now that I have taken this thread totally off topic...I will go.:D

The glockenschpiel is a good idea, but I prefer the sound of a 12 gauge being chambered and watching the evil doer poop himself!!!:nice:

Sucks for you man. Everyone has been saying great things. Make sure you get a good alarm that goes off when someone opens the door or presses the unlock button from the inside. Get an alarm that you can distinguish as your car and park your car as close as you can to where you sleep. Also a blinking LED light when the alarm is on can deter some people. Take your faceplate off your sound system and keep your car in a well lit place. Consider moving to a place that has a garage for your stang.

Also need to move to a state where you have "stand your ground" laws and protect your stang from retards. :D:flag: (In Texas if someone was putting a screwdriver through my stang's door- shoot first, ask later.)
Castle Doctrine in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

man please dont refer to wikipedia for such advice lol. gosh you texas guys are lucky, id love to get some real life target practice.

if your car has a alarm system in it then when the sob pops the lock with a hanger it will go off the 2000's mustangs are all equipped with fords passive anti theft system witch will in fact shut off the fuel pump and lock he ignition so even if they ram a screw driver in the lock cylinder it will not turn on just rember to always arm your system with your key fob but sadly any thing that is not bolted down in the car will be gone but if you hear the alarm have a good way to stop them don't get your self killed over a stereo or beat the crap out of them with a bat and make sure they are in the car wen the cops come and you will get off with self defense lol but don't let him leave the car drag him back into if if you have too

man please dont refer to wikipedia for such advice lol. gosh you texas guys are lucky, id love to get some real life target practice.

The actual bill with all the legal info is boring to read :shrug::D

Wikipedia is a decent source for a brief overview on the topic. I use it all the time before I look at the primary literature. Plus it has a link to the bill I am referring to for Texas. :)
80(R) SB 378 - Enrolled version - Bill Text (link from wikipedia)

An alarm only scares off ameutures.If these guys know what they are doing,and if there is two guys,the alarm will be off just as fast as they broke in.I've never run an aftermarket alarm for that reason when someone i knew in this type of thing (no i never got involved) told me not to waste my money.So i picked up the Unbreakable Autolock Pro ( back when i had a 5.0L.I used that along with a cut off switch.Now that i have a garage i don't use either unless i use the stang out of town,other then that,the stang doesn't leave my sites.
Here is a pic of the Autolock.
rodi_2092_808523997.gif

and a vid....
YouTube - AutoLock anti-theft device for your car

An alarm only scares off ameutures.If these guys know what they are doing,and if there is two guys,the alarm will be off just as fast as they broke in.I've never run an aftermarket alarm for that reason when someone i knew in this type of thing (no i never got involved) told me not to waste my money.So i picked up the Unbreakable Autolock Pro ( back when i had a 5.0L.I used that along with a cut off switch.Now that i have a garage i don't use either unless i use the stang out of town,other then that,the stang doesn't leave my sites.
Here is a pic of the Autolock.
rodi_2092_808523997.gif

and a vid....
YouTube - AutoLock anti-theft device for your car

Great idea Im definately going to get one of these! Sorry for the long delay ive been so crazy busy at work lately ..but thanks again!

And here's a pic of my stang with new headlights (taken before i had windows tinted)

new_headlights2.jpg

On my 2003, when the door is locked with the key fob, the alarm goes off if i reach in an open window and open the door or unlock it. The ECU is disabled unless you have the keys, so you really don't have to worry about hotwiring.

But as has been said, they can always bring a tow truck or just smash and grab. I don't keep anything equivalent to a human life in my car when it's parked, so I don't need to waste money on lethal offensive weapons. I figure it's far less hassle just not dealing with a thief.

FWIW, we have different laws per state because it's a big damn country with different issues in different areas. One size certainly doesn't fit all.

On my 2003, when the door is locked with the key fob, the alarm goes off if i reach in an open window and open the door or unlock it. The ECU is disabled unless you have the keys, so you really don't have to worry about hotwiring.

But as has been said, they can always bring a tow truck or just smash and grab. I don't keep anything equivalent to a human life in my car when it's parked, so I don't need to waste money on lethal offensive weapons. I figure it's far less hassle just not dealing with a thief.

FWIW, we have different laws per state because it's a big damn country with different issues in different areas. One size certainly doesn't fit all.

I don't see the money I spent on my weapons as a waste nor do I consider my weapons offensive. God forbid, should I ever have to use them, it will be in a defensive manner.

The US Constitution provides for certain powers to be enumerated to the Federal Government and all other powers are reserved to the States and the people. Different laws are created in these different areas for the simple reason that people have different ideas about what is the perceived issue.

That said, you are never truly safe from a thief. The best weapon you can get to fight theft is a method of surveillance and good insurance.

I don't see the money I spent on my weapons as a waste nor do I consider my weapons offensive. God forbid, should I ever have to use them, it will be in a defensive manner.

The US Constitution provides for certain powers to be enumerated to the Federal Government and all other powers are reserved to the States and the people. Different laws are created in these different areas for the simple reason that people have different ideas about what is the perceived issue.

That said, you are never truly safe from a thief. The best weapon you can get to fight theft is a method of surveillance and good insurance.
Amen, and there's NOTHING wrong with taking full advantage of your right to bear arms. Honestly, I wish every US citizen that CAN carry, WOULD carry. I'm 19, but as soon as I hit 21 and get my CWP, I'll be carrying a Glock G27 at my side.

I'm not sure I was referring to you specifically. But it's not defensive if you see a guy breaking into a car and proceed to start shooting. That becomes offensive.

I hunt, and enjoy it. I know how to shoot a gun and was raised to respect them. I don't have a gun fetish and don't have Rambo fantasies, so I don't see any reason to carry a gun. Or keep one around the house for "defense." I call the police when I have a problem. That's kinda what we pay them for, as has been mentioned.

The LAST thing I'd want is for "anyone who can carry a gun to do so," as the poster after you stated. Even in the "Wild West" you couldn't carry a gun in town. I'm not going to dispute people's right to do so, I just don't think I'm any safer when bullets start flying just because some dude hasn't been convicted of a felony yet.

I live in an urban environment, and we regularly deal with people shooting each other over some perceived slight. The intended target is rarely the one shot. Often the shooter could have been licensed if they bothered to fill out the paperwork. It's just not rational to think everyone with a permit will *always* hit their target and *never* have a stray bullet hit an innocent. And let's not forget that as a society we limit capital punishment to specific offenses and do not allow people to carry out their own perception of justice. There's a reason - people involved in a situation are not always rational.

I'm not sure I was referring to you specifically. But it's not defensive if you see a guy breaking into a car and proceed to start shooting. That becomes offensive.

I hunt, and enjoy it. I know how to shoot a gun and was raised to respect them. I don't have a gun fetish and don't have Rambo fantasies, so I don't see any reason to carry a gun. Or keep one around the house for "defense." I call the police when I have a problem. That's kinda what we pay them for, as has been mentioned.

The LAST thing I'd want is for "anyone who can carry a gun to do so," as the poster after you stated. Even in the "Wild West" you couldn't carry a gun in town. I'm not going to dispute people's right to do so, I just don't think I'm any safer when bullets start flying just because some dude hasn't been convicted of a felony yet.

I live in an urban environment, and we regularly deal with people shooting each other over some perceived slight. The intended target is rarely the one shot. Often the shooter could have been licensed if they bothered to fill out the paperwork. It's just not rational to think everyone with a permit will *always* hit their target and *never* have a stray bullet hit an innocent. And let's not forget that as a society we limit capital punishment to specific offenses and do not allow people to carry out their own perception of justice. There's a reason - people involved in a situation are not always rational.

There is a saying, maybe you've heard it...

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away."