Something for all you NOOOOBIES!!!

SVT32VDOHC

waiting for the next hack atta
Founding Member
Nov 22, 2001
Motor City
For all you stick shift guys and gals....cough(Frankenstang)cough...out there....

In case you are driving and forget what gear you are in....they now have a new shifter with a knob that lights up to remind you.:rlaugh:

March 2009 issue of 5.0L Mustang & Super Fords page 126-127.

Come on....for real?

• Sponsors (?)

Don't laugh. There have been times where i've forgotten what gear I am in. I push the clutch in and go to shift to 4th gear....and discover I am already in 4th gear! Then i kinda just sit there, doing 50MPH in nuetral wondering if i should go to 5th or leave it in 4th?? Kinda awkward

Don't laugh. There have been times where i've forgotten what gear I am in. I push the clutch in and go to shift to 4th gear....and discover I am already in 4th gear! Then i kinda just sit there, doing 50MPH in nuetral wondering if i should go to 5th or leave it in 4th?? Kinda awkward
Ben there, done that. Took me a while to get used to the Termi as third is where 5th was in my 96 (MGW FTMFW!!) and many times and I go to downshift to fourth only to find its an upshift :rlaugh:

Atleast you dont have to worry about that now Mike :D :stick:

Yeah I've had moments like that.....but I don't think I'd ever actually look down at my shifter to find out what gear I'm in. I'll just fondle it for a minute and I'll know.

Doesn't seem like the safest product in the world either. :shrug:

+1 lol
Yeah I've had moments like that.....but I don't think I'd ever actually look down at my shifter to find out what gear I'm in. I'll just fondle it for a minute and I'll know.

You said fondle... heh...
Almost only counts in horse shoes and facial cum shots :D
:lol:

LMFAO! i cant count how many times ive done that haha. usually in the lazy mood when it happens.

between this an the previous quote its pretty much what i do. never thought it was funny but people in my car seein it did. then hearing your guys say it..especially with puttin the word " fondle" in there, im dyin haha

Not many but 1 time that stands out cause i almost went thru da windshield, on jersey parkway some _______ in front of me started slowin for no reason like they do on that road, took it out of 5th was so pissed threw down to 2nd was goin for 4th wupps!!

I always thought it'd be cool to have a dash-mounted gear indicator, like Lokar's unit, but for a MT, not AT:

mns-dash-indicator.jpg

:shrug:

I forgot about this thread...lol

In the 96, I never need to adjust because with the 4.10...I'M ALWAYS IN 5TH!!! :fuss:

However, the Termi is gonna take getting used to. 6th is up and not back, so that's weird. And shifting into 5th, I fear going into Reverse, but I don't think that could happen. I would think they have it blocked when you are moving forward.