South Texans brace yourselves!!

CManT1914

Feb 5, 2004
Killeen, Texas
Hurricane Rita is coming right at us, and looks like it's gonna kick some major ass. We're sipposed to get hit even here in Killeen with 60+mph winds and 10+ inches of rain the first day. If anybody on here is from Houston, get ready, or get out! :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Striped5.0 said:
Think you mean 160+ MPH winds, 60 MPH and it would not even be a hurricane :p

Yea when it hits landfall (Galveston, Houston's close by) it's gonna be 150+ (unless it downgrades to a Cat. 4 like Katrina). But when it gets to us, it's just gonna be one bad ass storm. 60+mph winds (sustained, even higher gusts), 10+ inches of rain, flooding, tornadoes and everything. We're already under a Hurricane watch. :(

CManT1914 said:
Yea when it hits landfall (Galveston, Houston's close by) it's gonna be 150+ (unless it downgrades to a Cat. 4 like Katrina). But when it gets to us, it's just gonna be one bad ass storm. 60+mph winds (sustained, even higher gusts), 10+ inches of rain, flooding, tornadoes and everything. We're already under a Hurricane watch. :(

Chris, I guess I left just in time! Find a good garage and hunker down bro!
Tim

95Vert and I are only a few miles away from the coast. we're in McAllen, TX--2 hours west of South Padre Island. everyone's starting to go grazy here, gas has gone up like 25 cents, yadayada. i don't what to say other than 1) i hope they cancel class and 2) i hope it isn't as bad as katrina.

Tim, yea looks like you're outta the storm's path, lol. I'm gonna park the stang in our barn to protect it from the elements, and our house is built up on a hill. So we should be good, we'll just ride it out like normal.

Ram, be careful down there bud.

Grady, yea hopefully you won't get hit too hard, but you might still see some tornadoes. That's gonna be the worst part here, is the tornadoes. Remember Jarell? We could see that one from our house. We live real close to there. :(

Mat said:
You Dont Want It Looking Like Wystang's Car
Yeah it sucks drying up h2o from carpet :notnice:, Get it high off the ground 10' will get in. This biotch has gotten big GET THE HELL OUT while you can. Katrina is weak (sort of) compared to this big mofo. Guys stay safe and God bless.
Has anyone else noticed these moster storms are all womens names??Women don't have "hot flashes" they have power trips.

Well Rita keeps swinging further to the east, so it might not be so bad here after all. Still gonna be pretty killer though. I'm parking the stang at my dad's shop over the weekend. It's built real high up, and it's much safer than our barn (we don't have a garage).

Chris, I just wish you the best of luck dude, I'd hate to be in your shoes right now, but we're all thinking about you

I don't know how many times today, that we've been talking about this hurricane, and I've thought to myself, I hope our Texan Stangnetters are out of there

Like Ram said, things are a little crazy down here. Luckily for us it seems that it keeps going further up. I have buddies in Houston and are already here in the Valley. They left at about 4am today to avoid all traffic. Good luck to the rest of you, I don't think anything major will happen down here anymore(thank God).

Aaron, thanks for your concern. It's nice to know fellow stangnetters our thinking about us Texans. :flag:

WhiteDevil, dude call your grandma. Houston is being exacuated, it's gonna get hit hard. :( I have friends there that have already gotten the hell out. No way we're gonna have a repeat of the Katrina incident.

RC, I thought there was a guy on here from Houston, I just can't remember his name. A REAL smart guy, I think he's running 10's in his 95. Wish I could remember his name.

Well guys, I'm working all day tomorrow, then the storm hits us late tomorrow night and saturday morning. So I don't know if I'll be on much until next week. We're expecting major power outages all over this area. Wish me luck guys!

isn't it ironic you wished us south texas luck at the beginning of this thread, but now Rita is going your way instead? man, on one side i'm glad we're not getting hit, but for that ****** to hit the louisiana area twice??? come on, saddam and gomorrah II or what??? i'd rather Rita come further down our way than have her hit that poor area again.

for you guys around Houson/Galveston/those areas, good luck. get the fok outta there if you can, and take someone with you.

Ram000 said:
saddam and gomorrah II or what???

Funny you mention that. I'm a firm Bible believer ..... and I know how antsy some of you get when religion is talked about .... but I was just talking about this a couple of days ago in the barber shop.....

A couple of days before Katrina hit, there was some kind of a huge gay/lesbian rally type thing planned in New Orleans. The hurricane hit. N.O. was pretty well destroyed. God has done it before ... and the crazy thing about that is that the city was NEVER found because it was so catastrophic! The gay/lesbian thing is the exact SAME reason the city was destroyed in Biblical times. Is this His way of finishing it off??? :shrug:

SeventyMach1 said:
Funny you mention that. I'm a firm Bible believer ..... and I know how antsy some of you get when religion is talked about .... but I was just talking about this a couple of days ago in the barber shop.....

A couple of days before Katrina hit, there was some kind of a huge gay/lesbian rally type thing planned in New Orleans. The hurricane hit. N.O. was pretty well destroyed. God has done it before ... and the crazy thing about that is that the city was NEVER found because it was so catastrophic! The gay/lesbian thing is the exact SAME reason the city was destroyed in Biblical times. Is this His way of finishing it off??? :shrug:

I think isn't Sodom and Gomorrah supposed to be located somewhere in the dead sea now?

I think it's funny that they're trying to rebuild New Orleans, and now another hurricane threatens to wipe them out again. Not that it's funny, just strange.