Spark plug pics

Evenflow

yellow snow cone lover
Nov 4, 2004
Mass
Hey everyone. Which of these plugs for my 04 GT?

sparkplug1.jpg

sparkplug2.jpg

Left to right: AGSF32C, AGSF23PM, NGK TR6

Attachments

• sparkplug1.jpg
    sparkplug1.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 93
  • sparkplug2.jpg
    sparkplug2.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 107
  • Sponsors (?)

I use the Motorcraft platinums(center). The Motorcraft coppers may be slightly better performing tho they won't last as long. Never used the NGK's before so I can't really say anything about them other than alot of people seem to like them.

The middle ones are the best. AGSF 32C's.....aren't those for 302's??? I always bought those for my 5.0L I used NGK TR6's in my 95 GT with the Procharger. I think it is two steps colder than stock and my car ran good with them gapped small.

none of those look correct. Here is the correct thread length, these are my stock 01 plugs.

Stock Plugs

nah thats old info:D
all the Motorcraft plugs that used the "AW" designation were of the 1/2 thread design and discontinued and about a year ago, FoMoCo/Motorcraft finally got on the bandwagon and replaced ALL the "AW" series 1/2 thread design plugs wth the "AG" series which is a full thread design.

also you can sea the NGK plug has an extended tip vs the Motorcraft which is NOT a good thing, as the extened tip plug is closer to the top of the piston which can lead to a collision between the too...and moving the spark closer to the piston is in theroy, like advancing the ignition timing slightly, thus causing detonation and other spark related issues

nah thats old info:D
all the Motorcraft plugs that used the "AW" designation were of the 1/2 thread design and discontinued and about a year ago, FoMoCo/Motorcraft finally got on the bandwagon and replaced ALL the "AW" series 1/2 thread design plugs wth the "AG" series which is a full thread design.

also you can sea the NGK plug has an extended tip vs the Motorcraft which is NOT a good thing, as the extened tip plug is closer to the top of the piston which can lead to a collision between the too...and moving the spark closer to the piston is in theroy, like advancing the ignition timing slightly, thus causing detonation and other spark related issues
hmm well there ya go. :). Last time I bought plugs was like 3 years ago, lol I bought them from you :).

Nick