Engine Spark plug wire recommendation

limp

wrap a little cheese around it and its a done
Oct 4, 2020
Florida
Looking for a set of sprk plug wires with 90 degree boots to use on my " P " heads with headers..... I have been looking on different sites and cannot find any......
I test fit an old set, with the 135 degree boots, and they are not going to work on most of the plugs....
Will I have to buy a set and then buy 90 degree boots and install them?
Do the expensive ceramic boots work well? I assume I might have to use 2 or 3 of them also...
Thanks for any direction here.....

• Sponsors (?)

Most folks buy the kits and build them. I would suggest something like the MSD street fire, P/N 5553 if you want name brand or Summit Racing has a couple. Some have been able to use the 45 degree boots but its really header dependent. You may also want to run the spark plug boot protectors but that will depend on how close the boot is to the header.

Reactions: 1 user
Most folks buy the kits and build them. I would suggest something like the MSD street fire, P/N 5553 if you want name brand or Summit Racing has a couple. Some have been able to use the 45 degree boots but its really header dependent. You may also want to run the spark plug boot protectors but that will depend on how close the boot is to the header.
thank you....

Looking for a set of sprk plug wires with 90 degree boots to use on my " P " heads with headers..... I have been looking on different sites and cannot find any......
I test fit an old set, with the 135 degree boots, and they are not going to work on most of the plugs....
Will I have to buy a set and then buy 90 degree boots and install them?
Do the expensive ceramic boots work well? I assume I might have to use 2 or 3 of them also...
Thanks for any direction here.....

I use those on my 1991 5.0 LX Coupe foxbody along with a screamin Demon Coil https://lmr.com/item/PDI-31724/1984-95-Mustang-50L-And-58L-Screamin-Demon-Ignition-Coil and they are nice. the stock Motocraft Plugs are gapped to .060"

Last edited:
What headers are you running? Shorty or longtube?
Shorty..
DSCF1091.JPG

Reactions: 1 user