Spec stage 1 or King cobra?

• Sponsors (?)

I've heard that the KC is a heavy petal, and the spec i dont know... I also wonder which one i should get. Which one is an overall better clutch?

SPEC Stage I would be my choice as well...

I had issues a few years back with a KC and latley I just do not see them holding the power. I've seen a Stage I hold over 400RWHP with no issues at all.

I've seen Paul Riva and others say good things about a different clutch than those two brands several times.

I forget which one it was however :bang:

Might wanna look into it before you lay down the cash :shrug:

Grady

Grady is correct. I did a TON of homework before buying my last clutch and I drove every car I could that had different clutches in them. I absolutely HATE spec clutches. I've never driven the stage 1, but the 2 and 3 are extremely grabby for a street clutch. I absolutely could not slip them to my liking which completely turned me off because I need to be able to slip the clutch on the street so I don't look like a newbie at driving a stick, and two when I race on drag radials I get my best 60's by slipping the clutch on the launch. In the end I bought a "Kustom clutch" from Walt at Pro Motion.
http://www.promotionpowertrain.com

It has a pedal feel very similar to the FMS clutch, yet it will hold everything i can throw at it. It doesn't chatter at all and can be easily slipped on the street/track. And when i bolt up the ET streets it'll take a clutch dump as well. My old FMS HD clutches would slip on the launch when running my ET streets. I can't enough good things about Walt, his knowledge, and his clutches. Call him, I know you won't be sorry.

I drove my buddy's '95 GTS that had a KC in it, when compared to my stock clutch, the pedal felt a good 2-3 times stiffer. I couldn't fathom driving that in heavy traffic, but I guess you'd eventually get used to it and grow huge muscles in your left leg...
Has anyone had any experience with "Zoom" clutches? I've seen all kinds of advertising, but I haven't read any reviews on them.

I have a Spec stage 1. It is a good clutch. The TOB that came with it squelled from day 1. I put an oem back in and it has been fine since. My wife doesn't like to drive it because it is pretty stiff. I think I would do some looking around before I went back with this clutch.

Paul

I'm also running a KC with no complaints. I find the pedal fairly stiff, but soft enough to be tolerable. I have an hour-long commute to work in stop and go traffic at times, and even after working all night (in healthcare, you never sit and your legs are tired), the clutch was comfortable to me.

I learned to drive stick on the KC clutch so i obv dont have complaints. it is the stiffest clutch i've ever driven since but have never had a tired leg because of it even in trafic jams, and it is plenty driveable on the street. the only downside to it is that i think its power limit is around 300 rwhp, anyhting more will start to slip it. if u dont want a stiff one dont get it though because everyone says its stiff even though i like it.

KC clutches are decent but nothing to brag about I guess. Mine feels like stock I would say but its not gonna handle my turbo once its done for too long i know that. It almost seems like you either go cheap on a clutch (KC) just to get one in the car, or you spend some dough and get a real nice one. From all the raving I have heard from Killer and some others, I think my next clutch when I upgrade for the turbo will be a Kustom.

Personally I put in the KC this past summer (8k miles). My wife wanted a lighter pedal and now I ahve a clutch that has too light a pedal for me, too stiff for her, and is too non-grabby for me.

Next time I will go with a RAM or just an all around heavier clutch.