Specific Mods Question...

Pokageek

Jun 10, 2005
MA, USA
Hi guys,

With the mods in my signature, I am planning to use the cobra J4J1 program in my tweecer. I noticed a number of settings are different from the stock GT program. Any recommendations for changes? I have done some research but wondering if any of y'all have anything to add or know what those other changes are?

For example, the high speed fan load is 1.5 in the GT and .05 in the Cobra program or ISC Startup RPM adder is 120 for the Cobra and 0 for the GT.... Little things like that..do they make a big difference?

• Sponsors (?)

If you ain't sure what it is ........................... :shrug:

Don't hose with it .................... :rlaugh:

That has served me well :D

Lots of the differences have to do with the fact the Cobra has 24lb inj's.

Some of the differences like high speed fuel enrichment are obvious.

IIRC, the GT maf curve is set up for a bit more air flow :eek:

The spark/fuel tables in the Cobra file are a bit softer compared to the GT file when talking about wot conditions .......... kinda strange, ain't it?

Anyway, tons on info on this site and various others about the file switch.

btw ............... If you truly are doing your self tuning do diligence by researching info, I've put up stuff for quite a while on this very site. So don't think a search farther back than one year is gonna turn up blank results for you.

Heck, I know for certain I've been spreadin ...... stuff :)bs:) ...... that will turn up in a search over two years ago.

Grady

Ok will do. Thanks man.

IIRC, the GT maf curve is set up for a bit more air flow

That's weird. Did you change this? Just curious.

The spark/fuel tables in the Cobra file are a bit softer compared to the GT file when talking about wot conditions .......... kinda strange, ain't it?

Yes, I noticed that too! Weird!

Pokageek said:
Ok will do. Thanks man.

Forgot to tell you that so many peeps have violated their poor little t4m0 box with the Cobra file that if you did a search on the various tuner boards ......
I bet you would have hours upon hours of reading about it :D

IIRC, the GT maf curve is set up for a bit more air flow

That's weird. Did you change this? Just curious.

It has been so long ago since I put the sig combo together yet still using and tuning with the stock maf but it seems like this was kinda how it went .........

My baseling dlog showed the maf pegging one night when I started to work on the top end of the maf curve for a final wot fuel ratio. This was after I switched to the j4j1 file btw.

I moved the t4m0 maf transfer curve over to my current j4j1 cal file as I saw it flowed a bit more airflow.

That gave me just enough room to continue my tuning efforts of getting the final wot af ratio like I wanted it.

I knew I was close to pegging the maf but the Tweecer allowed me to make do with it as I just dropped a good bit of cash on the car for the heads, cam, LT's, and all that other stuff.

Not too long after that I went to the dyno for a few baseline pulls and pegged the little maf anyway, lol.

No suprise really as I did all my wot tuning on the street which were blasts in 3rd gear to 6K, give or take a little. Now on the dyno ...... its a 4th gear kinda thing which gave me less load and all the more data events which showed a good bit of them pegging the maf.

To sum up and answer your Q more directly :D

Yes I changed the curve ............... twice
1) moved to the t4m0 curve
2) tweeced that curve to work with my combo

Hope that helped you cause I don't know no more to tell ya :SNSign:

Grady