Spring inside lower hose that goes from water pump to radiator...

• Sponsors (?)

about the only way i can see it is if the spring disintegrated - otherwise the water pump's inlet/outlets are a smaller ID than the hose and spring, so that is weird.

but yeah, some hoses dont even have springs, so you should be alright. i would just replace the hose with one with a spring though.

good luck.

attachment.php

attachment.php

some pics of my misfortune

It's an older hose and i dont think there is any risk of it collapsing. What could cause them to collapse? suction on them?

The hoses can collapse for a couple of reasons.

When you are powershifting the engine can jerk around and can actually put a kink in the hose. If the hose becomes kinked when you're at high RPM the waterpump can suck the fluid right out of the hose causing the hose to collapse. It will not reopen until you let off of the gas. Not good.

When the engine is cooling off the fluid wants to contract. If the radiator cap is defective or the radiator overflow vent or hose is plugged the cooling fluid will not be able to pull reserve fluid from the tank and that condition causes the hose to collapse.

Buy a set of Motorsport blue hoses (which are twice as thick as the factory hoses) and forget about it.