North East SSoM Members!!!

• Sponsors (?)

I do almost every day. Its just the getting up early part every day that gets to you after awhile and the mental stress of the job itself and not getting a long enough break from it. I'll enjoy today and tomorrow off. I was 10 mins from home yesterday and they called asking if I wanted to work today, I never sign up for OT on the weekends so I dont know why they called but it didn't matter I said no anyway. I'll grab either next weds or thurs.

nice to hear from you and know you are still alive. Must be real cold out on the water. Hopefully the price does stay up for you.
as far as Chris' place goes you have to diversify to bring in more customers and with them more money.

Still looking for a bike for summer. Didn't win the one on Ebay that I mentioned at least a week ago but then again neither did anyone else win. Reserve was too high. Checked out that dealer's website and tried to get them to email me a quote at last weekend but had to talk to them instead. After a couple of phone calls back and forth on Monday and Tuesday we weren't going to meet on price. I didn't tell them I had seen it a bunch of times since November on Ebay. They have the nerve to try and charge every buyer with a $795 fee on top of the selling price. The fee is basically to cover anything that they 'might' have had to do to the bike to get it ready to sell. This would be to cover the cost of washing it, checking the fluids or possible changing them, and doing what amounts to a state inspection. I told them that there was no way I was going to pay that fee on top of the price. When you add everything up it was the same price for a brand new bike at sticker price. This was on a used 2008 with less than 2000k miles. They were the original sellers and took it back supposedly in trade for another bike. So they already made money on the first sale and want to make the same on the reselling plus charging the 795. You would also have to add in the $300 fee for some fat bitch to do some title paperwork.
I told the salesman that I had been watching the price one these bikes for months now and that the market would not support the price he was asking. Since we were a couple of thousand dollars away from one another that was pretty much the end of the conversation. So now the bike is back up on Ebay. All the auctions I have seen for this bike have ended no where near what they wanted from me. Plus in the auction description there is no mention of trying to get another $795 after the sale so I'm sure they know that wouldn't fly on Ebay.
I'll bid again and see if the reserve has come down at all. If not they may be sitting on that bike for a long while.

who are the ones that are trying to sell it?

I found a plug wire that was not connected today, may have been contributing to its crappy running condition before I put it up for the winter. Don't plan on starting it up until I take it out of the garage

Im ordering a new set of Nitto's this week and then the parts Ive wanted to get in April. Hopefully everything will be bought in early May. Not sure if I'll be getting the Panhard bar or not, might just stick w/ the LCA's for now and do the bar after May. I could put the $300 for the panhard bar towards things that I need more like a new CD Player head unit and Ive really been wanting an MGW shifter for awhle.

Travis, I can't get Alpine, because no one distributes them. They are a factory direct item. I can get you a comparable kenwood deck. Looks like will be a boston acoutics dealer, among other brands as well.

I'll take a look at the Kenwoods and see if there is anything I like. There are a lot of head units by a lot of company's in my price range and the features I want I just dont like the looks of them

Im ordering a new set of Nitto's tomorrow and some Under Drive Pullyes

Chris I like this one.

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X493 CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

YA... I don't have the excelon but, I have one in stock at the store just like that one (pratically the same one). We put 5 decks in our sound wall today. When you get a chance stop by and check them out. You can play around with a couple different models to see which on you like. We ordered a bunch of Boston Acoutics stuff, so there will be speakers, sub boxes and amps in stock very soon. I do have some nice kenwood amps in stock right now. The prices are good too.

Bryan, I did leave you a message on your phone. I really can't get those tires much cheaper than you can. I think my price was like $195. Special order which means a longer wait. Discount tire direct is your best bet. I do appreciate you comming to me first. I will always try to do my best for you guys and tell you straight up where the best place to get something if I can't get you a good deal. We are learning alot right now and figuring out that the only way to make money and give the customer the best price is to go direct.

Which leads me to my other news. We are direct with Kooks. We are the only dealer/installer of their products on their website in the northeast. I already have two corvettes(both from NH), that I have to install long tube headers, high flow cats and a Corsa catback. Plus Kooks is a Corsa and procharger dealer. As time go's on I get more and more hook ups. BTW we are thinking of a car show and bikini car wash at the shop this summer....:D