North East SSoM Members!!!

Bryan

Got the tires mounted and balanced today.

Mount

Balance

Stick on weights

valve stems

$31.90 Tire Warehouse in Raymond. I have a good repor w/ the guy that runs the store there b/c of the Mustang. I called up and asked if there machine would mount a 315/35 tire (b/c AAA in portland could not do it and century tire could not do it today) and he said is this is the guy w/ the Mustang isn't it? He said we dont get to many people w/ tires that size so he knew it was me. Anyway you got jewed as I figured

• Sponsors (?)

I know the guy said they had some difficulty getting the 315s on because the machine would get halfway around the tire and the other side would pop off the rim. He said it took two of them to mount the tire because one had to hold down the opposite side.
Got my new brake lines and fittings today.

It didn't say anything about the balance. Sign just said mount/dismount.
I wasn't hanging around to ask because I was in a rush to get to work. Those dicks told me it would be 15-20 min to re-inspect my vehicle. I was there for 35min and was really pissed because they were going to fail me again for having a TINY rip in my windshield wiper. They wanted to charge me $21 for a wiper when I asked the price. The owner knew I was getting really pissed and told the manager to just throw a free wiper on there for me and give me the sticker. The owner had just shown up a couple of minutes before they gave me the bad news. I told them that the last person said all I really had to do was replace a tie rod end but I should think about replacing the wipers soon. The wipers were fine and I never saw a rip.
Lets just say Friday started off on a really bad note and put me in a bad mood for a couple of hours.
One of the guys did offer me a free alignment afterwards to make up for the hassel. He was pretty cool and he had seen my stang in there before when a friend of mine used to work there.
Oh yeah and last night when i was leaving work I noticed that the grease monkey got some oil or grease from either his hair or hat on my head liner. Love that!

It didn't say anything about the balance. Sign just said mount/dismount.
I wasn't hanging around to ask because I was in a rush to get to work. Those dicks told me it would be 15-20 min to re-inspect my vehicle. I was there for 35min and was really pissed because they were going to fail me again for having a TINY rip in my windshield wiper. They wanted to charge me $21 for a wiper when I asked the price. The owner knew I was getting really pissed and told the manager to just throw a free wiper on there for me and give me the sticker. The owner had just shown up a couple of minutes before they gave me the bad news. I told them that the last person said all I really had to do was replace a tie rod end but I should think about replacing the wipers soon. The wipers were fine and I never saw a rip.
Lets just say Friday started off on a really bad note and put me in a bad mood for a couple of hours.
One of the guys did offer me a free alignment afterwards to make up for the hassel. He was pretty cool and he had seen my stang in there before when a friend of mine used to work there.
Oh yeah and last night when i was leaving work I noticed that the grease monkey got some oil or grease from either his hair or hat on my head liner. Love that!

Seems like a hose job since the first time it was just the tie rod end. I hate taking my vehicles anywhere, luckilly I've got a couple of places I trust from contacts made over the years.

I have to have the Bullitt aligned soon, just put offset rack bushings in. I am going to try Sullivan, but I am so untrusting of people that I am going to sit there while its being done to make sure noone takes a joyride. I had a bad experience with the previous car I had being taken for a ride by a garage....:nono:

Just got the pulley on and the Vortech back in today. The pulley is now two sizes smaller than the stock one, but I am still running the stock (For Vortech) belt size. The tensioner still has about 2" of travel left before running out. I just replaced the belt last year when I replaced the main o-ring in the housing so I really dont want to drop another 65 on a shorter belt, but if it starts to slip....:shrug:

I can't wrap it up until 2 silicon boost lines come in from Vortech, the old ones are pretty chewed up. I've got a BAP coming also. Can't wait to try all this out! :D

Yeah I understand. I really don't like other people working on my vehicles especially when it something I know I can do or I can figure out.
I also try to figure out if I can do it myself for the same amount of money by buying the equipment and manuals. I can figure out a lot of stuff it just takes me longer to get it done. I guess I'm just cheap that way. I know once I have the manual and tools I can do the work again when I need to. Again I hate people working on my stuff.

What, no ****?:D

:nono:

teu79.gif

Have you tried it yourself yet:shrug:

No. I wish I had a bunch of stuff like that to experiment with. Strictly for scientific research of course.
Its just interesting seeing different things on the interweb.

Started my car for the first time in over 4 months. Everything went smooth. Plumbed in the Roll Control yesterday and bled the whole system today. Not ready to hit the road yet because the front end has some major toe in when I changed to the SN 95 spindles. The toe in is super easy to see. Need to get some longer adjustable tie rod ends to correct the problem. The wheels look good on the car and the brakes are very visible.

Started my car for the first time in over 4 months. Everything went smooth. Plumbed in the Roll Control yesterday and bled the whole system today. Not ready to hit the road yet because the front end has some major toe in when I changed to the SN 95 spindles. The toe in is super easy to see. Need to get some longer adjustable tie rod ends to correct the problem. The wheels look good on the car and the brakes are very visible.

Nice, you must be itching to get it on the road. I'm seeing more & more nice cars on the road now and it just makes me want to get mine done.

Where do you have your switch installed for the roll control?

Haven't wired the switch yet. THe switch they give you in the kit is pretty cheap so I will eventually look into using something else. I will rig the cheap one up temporarily.
I just mounted the roll control and plumbed in the fluid lines.

Took the stang out for the first time tonight when I got home. Only went a few miles total and just up to the pizza place to pick up some pizza with the roommate. Amazing how much power you tend to forget it has until the first ride of the year. I didn't get on it to much either not until I go through the tank of gas that's in it. Getting it insured and registered tomorrow and inspected w/ a 4 wheel alignment on friday.

Took the stang out for the first time tonight when I got home. Only went a few miles total and just up to the pizza place to pick up some pizza with the roommate. Amazing how much power you tend to forget it has until the first ride of the year. I didn't get on it to much either not until I go through the tank of gas that's in it. Getting it insured and registered tomorrow and inspected w/ a 4 wheel alignment on friday.

Envious sigh.......I'm still about a week away from being on the road. Waiting for parts, cleaning & touching up calipers, painting axle tubes etc....

Must have been a great feeling to drive it, even if only for a short one.